New Member Area New to Ford Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Hello from Torrance, CA

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 01:33 AM
Default Hello from Torrance, CA

Hello, all...

New here and thought I'd introduce myself. I currently have a 2005 Ford Focus ZX3 (bought new) as my daily driver/work car, and am seriously considering selling it at the end of the year to get something newer or bigger. If I can help it, I'd like to stick with a Ford.

If I go with a new car, I am looking at the 2015 Fiesta SE sedan. Truth be told, however, if at all possible, I would like to try moving up to a truck or an SUV, as all my previous vehicles have been cars, and I'm kind of tired of not being able to ride higher, and see over the traffic in front of me.

I have been very seriously looking at the 2007 F150 XL, for two main reasons - one, it's my favorite body style/generation of F150. Two, I have test-driven one before, at a local Ford dealer back when, and was impressed with the smoothness of the truck's ride, so I know how it feels.

If I go with an SUV, I have been looking at the 1998-generation of Explorer or Expedition. This is where I would like some input/advice/help from anyone here who can provide some insight - can anyone tell me if there is any noticeable or really tangible difference in the ride heights between the Explorer and Expedition? Also, if I go with one of these two SUV's, I have a very specific criteria of what I want... I would be looking for an Eddie Bauer edition vehicle, my first choice being green with a tan interior. What are the chances of realistically finding one like that in decent condition?