New Member Area New to Ford Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

I'm a noobie

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 01:07 PM
Default I'm a noobie

Hey, i'm new to the board.

Figured I'de tell you a little about myself.

I've been a ford guy for years. My first car was a '76 Torino I bought from my Grandpa in '99. Then I bought my sisters Saturn, because I needed something a little "easier" to drive... That 351 wasn't too kind on a kids part time salary.
After I went deer hunting on the Freeway with the Saturn I bought a '95 Probe with the 2.0 I4. Shortly thereafter I got involved with the local probe club and really started to learn about the car. I then bought my friends '94 GT with the plan of swapping the stock 2.5 for the J-spec 2.5 V6 Mazda engine. That failed because as soon as I got it all installed I found out that the head gasket was shot. Before I finished with this swap I had purchased a '75 Corvette. So that was moved immediatly into my "project car" slot and I have lost patience and money with the probe and sold that about a month ago. So I've been on the look out for a new daily driver, since my former roommate wrecked my '95 4cyly probe this winter. My new roommate's friend is selling a '90 Taurus for $300. The price is right, and it sounds like the car is in great condition. So i'll be getting back behind the blue oval.

When i drove the corvette down to my parents place, the first thing my dad said to me was "Get that chevy piece of crap out of my driveway." He was kidding of course, but thats my old man for ya. The Vette is still my project car. It has a 396 big block. I figure, if you cant find parts for a chevy V8, you need to get out of the hobby. It should be pretty easy. I'm still learning about engines. More mistakes then progress.

But I digress. I hope to learn from some of you folks, plus I hope to help answer some questions.

Old 09-19-2005, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: I'm a noobie

Cool, welcome to the site

Old 09-19-2005, 04:39 PM

Hey the '75 vette sounds like a fun project car!!!! but what happened to the '76 Torino? and a $300 daily driver sounds like a good deal

Old 09-19-2005, 05:14 PM

Well, the saturn blew a tranny, so I had to sell the Torino to fix it.

it saddens me to this day. I would've liked to keep the Torino, but that needed some help too. It's tranny needed an overhaul, my grandpa managed to break the trunk lock and a bunch of other little things.

I put dual exhaust and the exhaust shop apparently didn't put on both cats after the job, so I only had 1 side with a cat, the other side was free, and I'm assuming the change in pressure was doing a little damage to my engine. because after a while it was really acting goofy. That was before I got into cars, so I couldn't tell you what was going on.

Old 09-19-2005, 05:20 PM

396bbc, 454 heads, Edlebrock 4bbl carb, Edlebrock performer 2 intake manifold, new mallory disty, mallory performance coil, 17" KMC Venom chrome rims.

Here is a shot of my Torino. I used it in the background of one of my senior pics in 2000.

Old 09-19-2005, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

wow, that vette is beautiful. Good job on it. Looks brand new.

Old 09-19-2005, 08:17 PM

hahahah, far from!!

I used a "soft focus" on it... Actually that was just me getting used to the camera.

But there are lots of imperfections with the paint. Plus it has no door panels.

And currently we're trying to get the cylander head off... Not an easy task.

Old 09-20-2005, 04:08 PM

will she sure looks like a very nice car!