New Member Area New to Ford Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New Ford 500

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 03:18 PM
Default New Ford 500

I just bought my FIRST ever Ford after having driven 'another' brand for 30+ years. I went to the Ford 500 because of its features and I liked the ride. Unfortunately ever since I bought it NEW in June '05 I've had problems with it from day 1.
First with the brakes, then the transmission wasn't right. The dealer has really given me a rough time with it and I found this very disturbing being how as a first time Ford owner I would have expected them to be a little more accomodating.
Within the first 500 miles they 'turned' the front rotors because I was having brake problems. Turned out the problem was with the rear brakes but it took them 3 trips and 3 months to figure that out. Then I drove the car out of the dealer, down the road about 2 miles and the front right tire EXPLODED! Brand new car, Perelli 18" tires and it explodes like a ballon. Dealer says I hit something, which I know at 30 MPH that I didn't but anyways, thats the luck I've been having.
Anyways, my problem: Seems the transmission is acting funny again. My understanding is that its the new 6 speed transmission but it seems to lag when you start out. They supposedly fixed this the last time I had it in but its doing it again. Also there seems to be a loud rumbling noise when you excelerate coming from the transmission. Just doesn't feel and sound right, if I can use that description.
Has anyone else had any experiences with their 2005 Ford 500 and the transmission?
Also how about the CD player. I have the top-of-the-line Ford 500 and the CD player seems to skip quite a bit on different CD's that are loaded in.
Would appreciate any info on the 500.

Thank-You:
--Steve....