New Member Area New to Ford Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Newbie Here

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 03:53 PM
Default Newbie Here

Hello all.....my name is Michael and I live in Chattanooga, TN. I drive a '93 F-250 with 1 ton running gear. It has 230,XXX on the original drivetrain and still going strong. Still can't convice my Chevy-loving buddies that their stuff can't hang. But anyways, I'm glad to be here and can't wait to trade stories and advice with everyone.

Old 10-11-2005, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Newbie Here

Welcome to the site Woodrow.

Old 10-11-2005, 05:32 PM

ORIGINAL: techmanbd

Welcome to the site Woodrow.
Thank you much.

Old 10-12-2005, 12:04 AM

Oh wow, and I joined tonight to post that Baby, my 93 Ranger, turned over 200,000 as I pulled into my drive tonight!

Think I can get another 30,000 outta her?

[IMG]local://upfiles/2947/EA89513F33EE406D92459E7F7CB85053.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-12-2005, 11:20 AM

ORIGINAL: Babys_Mom

Oh wow, and I joined tonight to post that Baby, my 93 Ranger, turned over 200,000 as I pulled into my drive tonight!

Think I can get another 30,000 outta her?

[IMG]local://upfiles/2947/EA89513F33EE406D92459E7F7CB85053.jpg[/IMG]

Without a doubt. I'm going to pull my engine this Dec. and rebuild it just because I have the time and money to do it. I figure I'll break 250k before then. She'll still roast the 33x12.50s off.

Old 10-12-2005, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

I use to have a 93 ranger, had it for 3 years and had about 150,000 when I got rid of it. The only problem it had when I traded it in was that the clutch was going out. Welcome to the site babys_mom

Old 10-13-2005, 12:00 AM

Thanks Woodrow and Techmanbd!

I will learn where to post correctly later...as a newbie I will reply here for now.. K?...I am gonna be long and Southern gal windy...forgive me...(Woodrow...I am in Oakland, TN now...just outside Memphis. Howdy!)

My first ever car was a 1965 Ford Fairlane Futura, I bought for $800 with three months checks from the USAF in, uh, some year.

OK I ain't a sweet young thang and all I know about engines is from what has broken on what I am driving at the time.

After my divorce some centuries ago, I bought a new '92 Ranger on an ad deal and got a LEMON. My first new vehicle. 18 months later with the fifth time in for a rear main seal leak, having been patted on my 5'2" frame too many times, I had to go ...uh...I don't wanna go against forum rules but I can't think of a nice way to say Postal Bitch Crazy....in the showroom of the dealership where I had purchased the Tan Lemon. They were gonna change the oil pan that time....

Well, they sent Super Salesman out to deal with me and it being end of year with the '94s being new (about Thanksgiving ...Baby and I will have 12 years together) he steered me to the four '93s on the lot. (I get girly here.) One was black, one white, and two kinda gold like...

I say: "Isn't that blue over silver one in the showroom a '93?"

Long story, lots of foot stomping (me) and eye rolling (sales guy) and I drive away with Baby.

Techman/ The one of two (maybe / see brake lights below) major repairs has been when the clutch went out two years ago and they redid the plate...??? I lost my records in a plumbling disaster. Yeah I had records of every oil change (done by me..go girl), tune up, lightbulb change, paint scratch, ding (there's a recall here) blah blah.

Baby is on her third set of tires, second battery, third brake job, one tranny seal replaced, one thermostat replaced (wooda done that myself but it is on bottom of engine..yikes!.. took three cussing men at Firestone to get that done..haha, oh wait maybe they were cussing cause I was laughing at them), the usual belts (one uni, one timing), one something expensive when all the brake idiot lights came on but the brakes were still working..(my Uncle Floyd who took a Model T apart to the screw and put it back together in his youth called it a money maker light and said I probably just needed fluid), and here we are as best I remember.

Baby looks good in the photo but she has some windshield dings that are now spidering across, a little rear main leak that has me adding oil once between changes, some strange things that worry me but she still runs good and gets good mileage...

I can't imagine life w/o her!

I don't wanna a new vehicle...I want Baby forever!

Old 10-13-2005, 05:57 PM

My truck has had its fair share of minor/major repairs over the years. As you would expect for a truck with that many miles. I had to rebuild the transfer case two years ago after I blew the internals apart playing in the woods a little too hard. Blew the rear-end out doing donuts in a field. (alcohol was involved....not my fault!) And I had to replace all the steering/bushings/bearings in the front end a few months ago. Other than that, and a few routine fixes, it's been pretty much trouble free. It's had an oil change every 2500-3000 miles religiously, and had a tune up every 30,000 miles. It doesn't leak a drop of fluid and still cranks up every time I hit the key. It just proves that if you take care of your stuff it will last forever. The only things that have broken have been because I was abusing the truck at the time. However.....it still gets 8-10 mpg.

Old 10-16-2005, 01:00 PM

alcohol was involved....

Yep....ya gotta watch tha fluids...