Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 08:18 PM
Default Nitrous

Iam thinking about running a 50 shot in my 91 Ford Ranger XLT, 4.0L. I did a search on this topic but found nothing. I have a good knowledge on the subject and have installed many kits on other cars but not a Ranger. If anybody has any info regarding this install I would greatly appreciate the help. I would like to know things like, will the stock fuel pump handle a 50 shot ? How much HP can the stock rods and pistons handle ? Also how do I reprogram the ECU to let the truck go faster than 85 mph, cause that could be a disaster if a spray Nitrous and there isnt any fuel to mix with it cause the ECU shut it off at 85. ANy advise would be great, Thanks -Sam

Old 03-20-2006, 03:03 AM
Default RE: Nitrous

As far as the ECM I think you have to have it reprogrammed I would call JET performance for that. Your fuel pump will hold up fine as long as you don’t have any other modifications. NOS requires 1GPH for every 10HP so you need to supply the fuel solenoid with at least 5 GPH for a 50 shot. There is much better ways to get 50 HP than with NOS for this motor you can easily modify these motors to lay down 250 HP all motor stock being 170. The fuel problem is not what I would worry about it would be stretching the head bolts a lot of people do it on these motors when they start making big HP and usually think they blew a head gasket.

Old 03-20-2006, 03:38 PM
Default RE: Nitrous

one question why? why risk screwing up your engine for a measly 50hp. Are you going to want to run dry or wet? Are you going to do the install? What brands have you looked at? I would stroke the engine to a 4.6l before throwing nos in there.