Old 01-26-2008, 08:44 PM
Default RE: 2008 Carlisle All Ford Nationals

i plan to be there with my 94 SHO

Old 10-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Default RE: 2008 Carlisle All Ford Nationals

great show!!anyone else go?

Old 10-14-2008, 05:15 PM
Default Thursday, June 5, 2008

Traveling the roads to Carlisle from points Eastis a BREEZE on a Thursday after noon.

The Club tent is on the FLATLANDS in the green area! (PINKIN is shown near our red and white tent)

The tent occupies 3 spaces on the corner of a BUSY intersection. Parking is going to be TIGHT so please park between the markers.

The STOCK area occupies 12 spaces.

The MODIFIED area occupies 8 spaces. (to the right of the vertical green marker)

I'm working on a wireless connections so picture uploading is gonna be slooow.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Default Friday, June 6, 2008

Hotel alarm clocks are quite effective at 5:30 am. I needed it to get me awake enough to enjoy the continental breakfast in the dining room, available from 6:00 am to 9:00 am One thing is for sure; I got into my car this morning with a full stomach.
The tent supplies arrived on time before 8:00 am and the first Members like Joe Lovern began arriving shortly thereafter. The tent volunteers made this a smooth set up and operation.

The seven trophies, donated by the Baileys of the California Chapter, were displayed for Members and visitors alike.

My turn at the tent was from 9:00am to 10:00 am but by 9:30, there were already spectators and enthusiasts lining up at the tent. Driving for over 10 hours from Quebec, Canada was long time Member Michael Topalian and his Wife Mary and their curious daughter.

The next few hours were a blur of pure enjoyment! The day's tent volunteers greeted everyone with a warm smile and a ton of literature. Tent volunteers registered Club Members in the Club's Show Within A Show, handed out goodie bags and also processed renewals and new Memberships. Jeff and Rose, Joe and Michelle, Dawnnemarie and Davrin, Jack and Kim, Tom and Chris, and Dan and Bob, greeted the Club's Members and visitors, making everyone feel welcome. Member Arnold Beaver made the trip up from North Carolina to enjoy the festivities. He joked that at 71 years old, he was probably the Club's oldest Member. He's actually the second oldest. The oldest is out on the Power Tour at this writing.

I reached for my camera several times to no avail. It's just as well. I was having WAY too much fun Before I knew it, we were breaking down the tent supplies and planning for the next day. Each year, I see new faces and familiar faces, and they still all share the same look of enjoyment. Each year we retire from the Showfield to the hotels and the shops and restaurants and movie theaters and nighttime entertainments that Carlisle, Pennsylvania presents. The town has grown ALOT since my first trip here in 2004. Mapquest can't keep up with the progress.
There are over 100 places to eat in the area but I returned to the buffet (and my waistline shows it) but this time with Dan and Bob. After diner, I made a few adjustments to PINKIN, took a nap, hit the indoor pool (ahhhhhhh) and enjoyed the first clear night in Pennsylvania since May. Only two days left!

Old 10-14-2008, 05:18 PM
Default Saturday June 7, 2008

Uploading 172 pictures.
(http://thelincolnmarkviiclub.org/Gallery/20080607pa)

Going to dinner.
Returning to do commentary and pass out.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:19 PM
Default Sunday June 8, 2008

Sunday is the saddest day of the All Ford Nationals as we say goodbye to friends. Some of which, we only see once a year. Thanks to Event Manager, Rick Markko (left) for coordinating the placement of over two thousand vehicles.

It's also one of the happiest days of the All Ford Nationals as the Winners' Parade winds it's way through the fair grounds and up to the stage to receive their reward and be photographed (see the CarlisleEvents.com website). Shown here is Neil Osmun's 1986 Bill Blass (see OneWayStreet's CARLISLE AWARDS post further up the page).

For four days, that red and white tent was the Club's Headquarters at the 2008 All Ford Nationals. Any tent Headquarters is only as good as the people that staff it. Thanks go out to
Jeff & Rose
Joe "MrFixit" Lovern
Dawnne & Davrina Prince
Jack Cohen
Tom & Chris
Dan "JerseyDan" Moran
Bob Moran
John Hollows & Becky Nelson
Fred "FreMar68" Dudley
and anyone else that volunteered their time and efforts to meet and greet the many Mark VII enthusiasts that visited our temporary home away from home. Packing up the Club's tent is the last official duty of the Tent Coordinator. Once cleared, Jane Moore of the United Kingdom, is shown here enjoying the last hours of this annual event (with Dereck and Doug off camera doing who knows what)

Either way, the four days of the All Ford Nationals are some of the BEST times that we could spend together. Some of the best Mark VIIs still in existence made long trips from several states away and endeared temperatures in the 90's, all for the passion of our Luxury Sport Coupes. As you leave the fairgrounds, the Carlisle Staff has the last words;

Old 10-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Default 2008 All Ford Nationals Carlisle, PA

... and about 2000 other vehicles

Old 10-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Default RE: 2008 All Ford Nationals Carlisle, PA

i was disapointed with sundays car count.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:19 PM
Default RE: 2008 All Ford Nationals Carlisle, PA

ORIGINAL: sho_ted

i was disapointed with sundays car count.
There's a reason for the lower numbers on Sunday.

Each year, regulars to this event tell as many people as we can to reserve hotel rooms for the entire four day event. Being the Americans that we are, we procrastinate until the last minute and discover that there are "no more rooms at the inn" six to eight months before the next event. These people are then forced to either limit their participation to one day or bring their own lodging or accept that reservation 20 miles away from the fairground.

So, Sunday has a lower number of vehicles on the show field as Saturday is the day of judging.

What did you think of Thursday or Friday?

Quick Reply: 2008 Carlisle All Ford Nationals