Off Road You go muddin' lately? Share your story. Is that ride of yours a rock climber? Show us in here.

why not?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 03:32 PM
Thumbs up why not?

i figure; since no one has posted something is that part of our forum, i would throw a little story your way. i recently fell apon some really good luck. i entered my name into a drawling here in idaho. the grand prize was a $10,000 make over for your 4x4 vehicle. well to fast forward through it, i won. as my reward the off road company sponsoring the build "bucks4x4.com" hooked me up pretty well. they installed a 6'' BNDS suspension, front road armor stealth bumper, warn 9.5 winch, k&n cold air, tuneao cover, 16'' black ultra rims wrapped by 35'' cooper s/t, they re-did my gear ratio to compensate for the lift and bigger tires 4.88 gearing, and capped it off with a limited slip in the rear. ok, i'll admit i loved my truck before, and the love grew ten fold after she got all perddied up. i have always enjoyed taking my truck off road, just mountain trails, or when ever i got tired of pavement i would... turn off. but since the make over i have found my self wrapped into a communty of extreme off-roaders. so i've been out a couple times breaking in all my new toys and here is a little video of a time out.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...+gulch&aq=f&oq=

be warned it's not for the faint of hearts lol. i had a bad approach angle and it was my first time out on something like this. the descent is a 5' water fall.

take a look tell me what you think.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:34 PM

it's the first video on the page

Old 03-08-2009, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by coford
i figure; since no one has posted something is that part of our forum, i would throw a little story your way. i recently fell apon some really good luck. i entered my name into a drawling here in idaho. the grand prize was a $10,000 make over for your 4x4 vehicle. well to fast forward through it, i won. as my reward the off road company sponsoring the build "bucks4x4.com" hooked me up pretty well. they installed a 6'' BNDS suspension, front road armor stealth bumper, warn 9.5 winch, k&n cold air, tuneao cover, 16'' black ultra rims wrapped by 35'' cooper s/t, they re-did my gear ratio to compensate for the lift and bigger tires 4.88 gearing, and capped it off with a limited slip in the rear. ok, i'll admit i loved my truck before, and the love grew ten fold after she got all perddied up. i have always enjoyed taking my truck off road, just mountain trails, or when ever i got tired of pavement i would... turn off. but since the make over i have found my self wrapped into a communty of extreme off-roaders. so i've been out a couple times breaking in all my new toys and here is a little video of a time out.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...+gulch&aq=f&oq=

be warned it's not for the faint of hearts lol. i had a bad approach angle and it was my first time out on something like this. the descent is a 5' water fall.

take a look tell me what you think.
hey man that's badass! i gotta 69 ford myself and it could definitely use that kinda TLC.

Old 03-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator
Thumbs up

Nice Vid..

I think if you hadn't had those two 'counterweights' hang'n off the right rear bump, the guy telling you 'it ain't gonna roll' may have been run'n from the tumbling truck Looked darn close from here!! When the dog won't even ride, somethings wrong

Thanks for sharing....

Old 03-10-2009, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Hayapower
When the dog won't even ride, somethings wrong
Ha. Enough said right there.

Your friends should always be ready to be used to pull, push, rock, or even counterweight on the trails.