Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Beware of online scams!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 08:46 PM
Default Beware of online scams!

Not sure what are the newest online scams are? If not, go to http://www.trader4less.com/scam.asp for answers to many questions.

It is very important to know about these scams if you are or going to sell an item online. Whether or not you are selling a car, boat, motorcycle, or Rv... they are not particular with whom they scam!

Post questions or comments here and spread the word about these scammers!

Old 11-14-2023, 04:49 AM

If I accidentally share my gift card information with a fraudster, what immediate actions should I take to minimize the damage? Which authorities should I report the incident to?

Old 11-14-2023, 07:36 AM

Hello. One day, my friend almost fell victim to a gift card scam. At the moment of vulnerability, he extracted the gift card data from her. After the end of the conversation, she realized that she trusted the fraudster's beliefs and immediately contacted the company whose gift card was compromised. Explained the situation and demanded to block the card. Always remember that timely information is your best ally to prevent gift card fraud. She then reported the incident to local law enforcement and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) via their website. Both authorities reacted quickly.