Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Almost all people buy cars that they like.
70.59%
Many people think about American workers and industry (not affected)
0%
People think about American workers and industry and affectswhen buyig
29.41%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Choosing besween American car and Japanese car

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 08:56 PM
Default Choosing besween American car and Japanese car

Hi all.

I am planning tobuy aFordFusion or aToyota Camry. For me, the Camry actually sounds better but I have neverliked Japanese cars.

For American customers, when you buy a car, have you ever felt any difficulties to decide whether to stick with a US product and hard working American workers and or just buy a better Japanese car? If you haven't do you think there are people who ever face this problem when they buy cars?

For people who bought American cars, have you ever thought that it would help American workers and America's industry when you were buying Amecian cars or did you buy it just because you liked it? If you were not affected by it, do you think there are many people who buy American cars for American workers and America's economy?

poll question

When people buy American cars, do they ever think about American workers and industries?

Old 12-28-2006, 01:40 AM
Default RE: Choosing besween American car and Japanese car

I always buy American as much as possible with everything I buy. I think of the workers and our local economy. I also had both my grandpa and grandma (father's parents) retire from Harley
Davidson, so it is important to me to support our American workers.

Old 12-28-2006, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

Actually, japanese makers provide many jobs for american workers. Toyota has a plant in Kentucky and Texas. Subaru has a plant in Missouri. Hyundais and Kias I believe are in Mississippi.

And saying HD is american is not true anymore. Most of the parts aremanufactured out of the country and shipped in.

I buy what ever I feel is the best deal and what I am looking for. I will buy Japanese or American or even German. It is a global market now. And think about this, American companies also have plants outside the U.S. as well.

I am also moving this to OT. This isn't a new memeber thread.

Old 12-28-2006, 04:21 PM

Very true; the fact of the matter is that there is a global ecomony right now. Very rarely can any manufaucturer of anything say that they are 100% from whatever country they are based in. With that being said I personally prefer American made (or should I say American brand name) products for my dollar. I believe in supporting the local economy, especially if they provide a desirable product. However, I understand why someone would buy from a foreign brand name.

Old 12-29-2006, 03:53 PM

Support America and it's workers. Just because some foreign cars are made here and assembled here, doesn't mean the real dollars aren't going over seas. I know now days it's hard to buy american cause I try to do so all the time. My latest dillema is buying tires for my Jeep and for my Probe. I run 225/40ZR18s on my probe and we're talking over a $300 difference between american made, and imported. As for the Jeep, I can't find a good off road tire that I like that is also american made. As far as my sable, it will be getting american made Cooper tires and it will probably cost me an extra $40 to do so, but IMO it's an extra $40 that will stay in this country.

Old 01-28-2007, 03:24 PM

they have done numerous comparos between the toyota& the Fusion,with the fusion beating it.i'm a ford guy...but even though it has a 4.i'd get the fusion before even concidering jap junk

Old 01-29-2007, 03:33 PM

AMEN!

Old 03-09-2007, 01:54 PM

As i also have a dairy farm i am faced with the same thing with tractors and equipment but i think there's not much differance anymore 1 company has problems that others dont so it doesnt matter to me every car truck or tractor can break down

Old 03-09-2007, 10:22 PM

my dad works at ford and we always buy ford or american cars. It maybe true that there are acura and toyota and other foreign car plants but the money still gos over seas affecting americas economy. One of my friends told me that there are more foreign parts on the ford tauras then there are on the acura TL so the way I look at it its still a matter of which car is better.

Old 05-01-2007, 11:42 PM

I've never bought a brand new car and don't know if I ever will, but I can tell you that I would look at where the car is built first and foremost. If, for example, I'm comparing a toyota tundra to a gmc canyon and I find out that the toyota is built here and the gmc is built in Mexico, I'd rather supportthe US toyota plant workersthan workers in Mexico. I'm more concerned with the little guy; I could care less if the ceo's are getting wealthier for either brand.

Thats being said, FORDS RULE! Buy the Fusion because it's way cooler.

Quick Reply: Choosing besween American car and Japanese car