Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

its been months

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 02:52 AM
Default its been months

its been months since ive been on here. i actually went the other way and got a chevy. its doing pretty nice for me tho.
Anyone up to chattin?

Old 04-01-2008, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: its been months

Welcome back..

What chevy did you get..Truck?

Old 04-04-2008, 11:50 PM

Yeah I got a 1997 S10. Some of it was messed up but i got a new door and got it painted. And i just put a system in it so Im happy.
What do you have?

Old 04-04-2008, 11:59 PM
Super Moderator

My 05 S/D is my daily driver, although that may change soon if the cost of fuel doesn't drop or at least level off.. My last fill up was 126 bucksand some change Last only the weeks commute, not to mention my trips up north or towing.......

Old 04-06-2008, 02:14 AM

Dang! That sucks. It only costs me about 50 bucks to fill up. Plus it's a stick so I get better gas mileage. I don't really do any traveling though. Mainly just to get around and to go to work. Are your trips for fun or business? Where do you live? I live in Florida. I'm curious how much gas costs by you.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

I live about 55 miles north of San Francisco and my daily commute is about 25 miles south towards the city 'each way everyday'.. Diesel fuel prices here vary quite a bit depending on location and county.. In Marin County (SF bay area) and San Francisco the prices are some of the highest in the US!! Follow the money!! I try and time my fuel ups to area's that have a betterprice.. Diesel in the town I live in is about 4.13-4.18 a gallon currently, but just dropped from about 4.30+/- wohoo!.. We bought some property up in Shasta County to retire in, and I've been hauling equipment upthere (500 miles round trip) from just a few hundred pounds to1000lbs loaded in the bed, and14,000 lbs or so when i hauled my 580C loader.. I'll have to look at the gas prices, I haven't bought any large amounts of gas in a while, usually just gas for my bikes, but I think gas is about 3.75-3.89 a gallon depending on where you shop and fuel grade.. Last month between commuting and around town driving, and the trip up north (about 500 miles) pulling my tractor up and my wifes truck on the trailer coming back, I think my fuel bill for the month was about 7-800.00 [:@] Won't be doing that too often!!

Old 04-06-2008, 08:41 PM

That is outrageous. I live in a small city called Niceville in Florida. Our gas prices just went up to $3.35 for unleaded, $3.55 for diesel and were all complaining. I don't feel too bad about the prices now. We're located right by the coast and after hurricane Ivan there was a huge gas shortage and every gas station was out of gas and when they did get gas the prices were crazy. But it has NEVER gone over $4 a gallon. I'm actually thinking about getting a motorcycle for the gas mileage. I got my motorcycle license this past summer but never went through with it. As soon as my truck is payed off I think im getting one. I'm shocked about your prices though, thats insane.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

We actually have a few large refineries of our own just miles away in both Richmond and Martinez, justover in the East Bay area from SF.. Our fuels tend to cost more because of the blended fuel for california use, but come on!! I remember the first gas shortage in '73' when I was working for Shell.. We not only had high prices (relatively speaking) because of the phony shortage, but a fuel limit per customer of 10 gallons!! That wouldn't last me but a few days push'n close to a 8K truck.. Then there was even/odd purchase days with your license plate number.. We had 'fist fights' at the pumps! When I buy fuel up at our property, it has to be trucked hundreds of miles and the price is still cheaper than here, and they refine it here! If it climbs much more I may be commuting on my bike, but I carry some gear with me and makes it tough to carry, not to mention the rainy/cold months.. But I need to keep the mileage off the truck anyway.. So what are you think'n of getting as far as a scoot?

Old 04-08-2008, 09:11 PM

Well I'm not too experienced yet so I was planning on starting small with like a 250 until i get the hang of it. Then selling that and possilby getting a 600. I haven't looked around too much but I went to a Yamaha dealership and liked what I saw based on looks and prices. The only downside to a bike for me is that i live by the water and i go to the beach a lot and its not too practical trying to carry beach stuff on my back. Especially since i skim board a lot. I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to bikes. What do you have?

Old 04-08-2008, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator

Well, I'm a bit of a collector.. Most driven is my 03Suzuki GSXR 1300 Hayabusa,but still have a 1959 Cushman Super Eagle that I used to ride to high school many moons ago! I also have a 1979 Honda CBX (6 cylinder) and a 1973 Honda CB 750..

[IMG]local://upfiles/6756/299B1DCBA1F34253B17C7ADA36A4495C.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: its been months