Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

leather seat install

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 06:18 PM
Default leather seat install

I bought a couple seats out of a chrysler town and country that im going to put in my 95 f150. well im having some issues with the wiring on the seats i have figured out the pass seat for power(positive and negative) and the heat. No the trouble i am having is the drivers seat has four wires red, black, white,(those 3 are the same on both seats) But it also has a pink wire with a black strip on it. i assumed that the red was pos and black was neg like the other seat... it wasnt so i dont know how the seat works. the pink and red wire i used pink as neg and red as pos and the wires heated up. Then i wired the red and pink to gether as a pos and the black as a neg nothing happend. all i want too do is make the seat move with no momery module so if any body has a clue or can point me in the right direction please let me know any help is apprecitated.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:40 PM

I will guess that you need a haynes manual for the wiring diagrams on the van. and Why would you put in seats that were not designed for that truck?

Old 03-30-2013, 07:29 PM

I tryed the manual already and it didn't help much. And I'm putting them in cause I got both seats 20 bucks both work heat and power with no tears or scratches. And cause my old seats were torn to beat hell with ugly waldoch seats I figured these I will like a hell of a lot better

Old 03-30-2013, 07:32 PM

does that truck have bucket seats or did have a bench seat

Old 03-30-2013, 07:41 PM

Bench seat

Old 03-30-2013, 08:04 PM

in that case I don't blame you for changing seats. the bench seats in those are a little too straight and too hard for my taste. If driving on long distance trips those seats make my back hurt something awful. there's only one solution for me and that's put in a pair of seats out of a extended cab F-150 with bucket seats that recline

Old 03-30-2013, 08:13 PM

That's what I thought cause I had my firebird seat in and they didn't feel any better but I couldn't find any nice condition ones out of a ext cause they were all beat to hell. So I figured since I pulled the back seat so I won't be the designated driver alway I figured I don't need seats that will fold forward then I can put my subs in the back and tools that shouldn't be in my tool box plus heated seats sounded better then cold fabric after a long cold day or rainy night

Old 03-30-2013, 08:28 PM

You'll find out that during the summer that you wish you didn't have leather seats for some reason a person sticks to them and, if you're wearing a tank top and shorts they burn the hell out of your bare skin.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:17 PM

If its compfy I can live with it haha

Old 04-15-2013, 11:48 AM

the best thing to do is get a wiring diagram from the vehicle that the seats came from, this should help to indentify what each wire is designed to operate on the seats. it's possible that the extra wire is dormat, or is just and extra, or for a function that the original vehicle did not have activated.

Quick Reply: leather seat install