Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Louise Cook's Widlest Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Default Louise Cook's Widlest Challenge

Louise Cook, British Female Rally Driver from Maidstone in Kent will take on her wildest challenge so far. Louise is taking the challenge of racing against natures fastest. Louise has proved her speed in her debut season taking on the nation’s most demanding roads against some of the nation’s hottest rally talent. Louise is currently lying in an amazing 6th place in the British Rally Championship Challenge AND 3rd Junior Driver in a 27 driver field, 26 male.

Louise will celebrate her season’s success at the Eagle Heights Wildlife Park in Eynsford, Kent, just 5 minutes from Brands Hatch. Louise will take on the fastest of the animal kingdom. Louise will race against an Eagle, a Peregrine Falcon and the fastest land animal the Cheetah. The Peregrine Falcon can reach amazing speeds of over 200MPH in full stoop. The cheetah poses the biggest competition to the Rally Driver, with an incredible acceleration of 0-60 in just 2.8 seconds, it would rival a modern day World Rally Car and with a top speed that would see you overtaken on the motorway makes the cheetah quite a challenge.

“It is nice to be able to support something like this. The people at Eagle Heights are doing what they can to protect and aid with the conservation of these endangered species. I have always loved animals and it is nice to be able to give something to a valuable cause like this to help it succeed,” said Louise.

All the animals will race during the day against the stopwatch as will the rally car. The winner will be announced after the Cheetah’s run mid afternoon after a number of runs of the rally car throughout the day. Louise will be on hand for quick chats and autographs signings throughout Sunday 5th September.

“It will be a fun day for everyone, and it’s such a unique thing racing against the clock against animals rather than my fellow rally drivers. I can’t wait!” Said Louise.

Louise will be contesting the final round of the British Rally Championship Challenge just three weeks after the event on September the 24th in the brave forest of Northern Yorkshire on the Trackrod Rally based in sunny Scarborough. Louise will be doing some hunting of her own in the mean time trying to raise the funds she needs for the final round. It will also be possible for local businesses and owners to enter the Promotion 50 campaign on the day as Louise focuses on collating a 2011 budget to compete to win the British Rally Championship Challenge outright in 2011.

For more details please check out http://www.cutecookie.co.uk

“I hope to see lots of friends at the celebration of speed and hopefully lots of new supporters. It will be a fun day out for all the family a great chance to meet people in a more relaxed environment. I hope it’s only my dust the animals are biting on the day!”

To keep up to date with the teams progress, developments and indeed have your input to the new venture please visit http://www.cutecookie.co.uk

We look forward to seeing you at the final British Rally Championship round the Trackrod Rally, Northern Yorkshire.
www.eagleheights.co.uk