Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Mystery Hood from the good old days!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 06:02 PM
Default Mystery Hood from the good old days!

Ok, sorry this is my first post here. My wife and I own a 2012 V6 Mustang. A friend of mine found this hood an airport hanger.
Anyone know what it goes too. I thought at first Torino, but the point is wrong.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site..

69-70 Mustang.. Looks to be in great shape..

Old 01-28-2013, 02:58 PM

Yes, it is in awesome shape and my firiend has no use for it. He wants to sell it. The only thing wrong is the scoop has a hole in the top. It's fiberglass so I figure it can be repaired easily. I wonder what it's worth. Can't be many 428 hoods out there. I guess E-bay would be a good place to try and sell it.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator

Might try your local Craigslist. You may actually get more for it from a local sale given freight rates today.

Shipping any distance on a large/heavy items can be a deal killer.. There's more exposure usually on eBay, but a local sale is easier and the market/buyer tend to narrow on eBay with the shipping charges..

I sold a Lincoln hood on eBay a few years back, and when it came time to ship the buyer wasn't too happy even though the listing said 'Buyer to pay' and all shipping costs. They bid without considering the carrier rate.. Guess there's always 'Local pickup only' on eBay, but seems there's always someone who bids to win without reading the listing

Too bad the rest of the car wasn't in the hanger!!

Old 01-29-2013, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Hayapower
Might try your local Craigslist. You may actually get more for it from a local sale given freight rates today.

Shipping any distance on a large/heavy items can be a deal killer.. There's more exposure usually on eBay, but a local sale is easier and the market/buyer tend to narrow on eBay with the shipping charges..

I sold a Lincoln hood on eBay a few years back, and when it came time to ship the buyer wasn't too happy even though the listing said 'Buyer to pay' and all shipping costs. They bid without considering the carrier rate.. Guess there's always 'Local pickup only' on eBay, but seems there's always someone who bids to win without reading the listing

Too bad the rest of the car wasn't in the hanger!!
I imagine it will end up on Craigslist. If the rest of the car had been there he would be a happy man! So would I because I would get to ride in it. Thanks for the info and advice.