Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

So... will prices go up? Down? Stay the same?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 03:40 AM
Default So... will prices go up? Down? Stay the same?

What does this mean for the 2018 Fusion/Focus/Fiesta models currently sitting on the lot/being made?

Will Ford slap a discount on them to get them all gone for a cheap price? If they do, could I order a brand new car from the lot still? Will they make it? Would the discount count towards performance models such as the Fiesta ST and Focus ST/RS?

Will the prices go UP because Ford is losing money on every car they build? Tomorrow, will you not be able to drive a brand spanking new Ford car off the lot, or order one for the 2018 model year through a dealer or the website?

Will prices stay the same? Will nothing at all change until the models just phase out this year? Im sure if this were the case, Ford would not have made this announcement till at least the 3rd quarter. But then again, better to announce this sort of thing now then stay quit all the way until late 3rd QTR, right? Cut the speculation off before it begins.

The reason I even ask this is recently I've been in the market for something a bit more practical then my 2011 Mustang V6.... but with all the fun still left. Oh yeah, aaaaaaaand I wanna learn how to drive a manual. I've looked at GTIs, WRXs, and even almost bought a Buick Regal GS. lol. But I've been a Ford guy all my life and love everything about the Fiesta and Focus STs. I've never driven stick before, but I want to learn especially since it is becoming a dying breed. I feel like this situation here is the perfect oppurtuntiy to capitalize on when it comes to these sorts of things.

How much do you think Ford would Discount off the models if they were to even consider doing that? A new base Focus ST with the BARE minimum comes out to have an MSRP of around $23,750 according to the Ford website. Im sure a dealer would be able to lower that fourth number a bit by ordering through them, but what sort of number would Ford offer? I'd also be open to trading my Mustang in if it were to help get me a better number, although I was trying to sell it title in hand through Craigslist or Auto Trader.

Thoughts on this? Any and all help or info would be appreciated!