Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Turbo Neons are supposed to beat a 3.0 Sable, right?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 11:25 PM
Default Turbo Neons are supposed to beat a 3.0 Sable, right?

Driving back from work on the highway, I saw next to me an SRT-4, a Cobalt SS, and some late 90s Neon with an intercooler and a turbo spooling sound as it drove by. Normally I'd cruise in my Bonneville(s) and take out cars, but I had the Sable that day. I gunned my car and pulled on the cruising ricers. It's not like they're ricers by default because of their cars, but they really had some nasty paint jobs and fart cans in the back. Anyway, the SRT-4 and Cobalt SS pulled away, but the other Neon stayed. It floored it, and the turbo was so loud that I could hear it over anything else even with the windows up. I floored the Sable and walked the Neon. Strange, isn't it?

Even funnier is that a friend of mine was in the seat next to me, and my dad was sleeping upright in the back seat. We had a trunk full of stuff from work, too. The racing woke up my dad. He asked what's up, and I said that I'm just beating up some Neon. He went back to sleep.