Windstar/Aerostar The beginning of the minivan for Ford.

01 windstar strange misfiring issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 05:06 PM

bluewind you can jump on in here to you seem to have more knowledge than me

Old 02-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Default burned valve

is there any other way to check a valve other than a comp test or visible inspection?

Old 02-10-2013, 05:24 PM

unfortunately not without taking the engine down to the block or upper end off the engine
the comp.test is the faster easier way to tell

Old 02-10-2013, 05:28 PM
Default crap...

now i'm at my wit's end with this thing. I have 4 kids, no money til the tax return gets here, and no car... I could cry right now....

Old 02-10-2013, 05:29 PM
Default fire is good

that propane tank and a box of ammo sounds real good right now...

Old 02-10-2013, 05:35 PM

you need to go to autozone and rent a comp. tester and when you're done with it they give you back the money you deposited on it therefore it's free

Old 02-10-2013, 05:46 PM
Default well...

if you have the money to begin with... which I don't yet. I thought that the sparkplug was going to be the fix, finally. the biggest part that confuses me is it drove fine as soon as I replaced the last plug. it sat 2 hours and almost stalls out when you push the gas now... Nothing on the outside is visibly wrong and all the intake gaskets are new fel-pro ones. I can't find a vaccum leak, and i'm out of ideas...so frustrating... How does a car break while sitting turned off... It would have shown symptoms of something if it broke while I drove it, wouldn't it? Maybe not if it broke as I parked it, I guess...

Old 02-10-2013, 06:08 PM

that's why I hate fuel injected engines and Boy now would be a real life saver for Bluewind to come back and join us. I do know what you mean and it's real crazy how something could work right and all of a sudden go so wrong. And I wish I was there so that I could help more. The only thing I can think of is wait until you can come up with the money to get the darn thing fixed. have you tried to check all the connections and make sure that they are clean and tight?

Old 02-10-2013, 06:19 PM
Default connectors

yeah, that was my secondary goal when I changed that plug. I checked all the connectors and vacuum connections I could find. all the electrical connectors look new on the inside with no burning or corrosion. everything is tight and secure, and I can't find an obvious vacuum leak. it's possible there's a less- obvious vacuum leak, and I will check it tomorrow, since it isn't going anywhere as it is. hopefully my girl can get a ride where she needs to go until we get something else figured out. i'm going to hit all te vacuum and intake places where it could leak with brake cleaner and see if anything is leaking. I'll track it down if there is. I'll keep everyone posted as I figure stuff out since I don't have anyone else's brains to pick on this one. I've always been a carburetor fan myself, too bad they don't use it anymore..

Old 02-10-2013, 06:35 PM

if wasn't for my father passing away I wouldn't have the van I have now. and as long the blessed thing runs without having any trouble i'll keep it but I still have my old dear Ford pickup truck

Quick Reply: 01 windstar strange misfiring issue