Windstar/Aerostar The beginning of the minivan for Ford.

Entry Keypad

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 06:27 PM
Default Entry Keypad

[hr]I Recently have bought a 2003 windstar sport model, but we do not know the entry keypad code. Is there a way to reset it ourselves or make it go to the factory default? It is a nice feature and I feel like an idiot for not asking about the code before buying it If anybody has any helpful hints or friendly suggestions I would appreciate it. I love my Ford's and I had to trade in my F-150 for this so I hope I can get this working, nice van though we are happy.

Old 10-16-2007, 06:59 PM
Default RE: Entry Keypad

the owners manual says that it is located on the computer module, and in the original sleeve of the manaul.
also.. Did you look at the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Module?It is located on the
side of the central pod close to the accelerator pedal. You ahve to remove
the utilit compartment and the surround to cee the module. You might even
need to remove the module. It is possible the module is not labeled.
also.. http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load...534518039.html
also http://www.automotivehelper.com/topic372707.htm

in conclusion..look in the owners manual for the factory code..check the areas ( under a trim panel near the firewall ) for the keyless box with the code on a lable on the case..

good luck..oh also...you can go to your friendly ford dealer and they hook up a cable to the box and retrieve the code for you..40.00 to 65.00 .. btw if you have TWO working keys get a third cut and programmed while your there ( ask for a deal) because if you loose one of your two keys you WILL have
to go to ford to have the second key made and programmed..(about 125.00 ) ..BUT if you have three keys and loose one you can get a key cut and program it yourself.(but you must have two working keys to do this) without going to ford for reprogramming..you can get the keys from online sources (they have a special rf chip inside them ) then just get it cut and follow the key programming instructions found online ..

good luck..