Ford Enthusiast Unofficial Resource

Go Back   Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners > Ford Cars > Ford Crown Victoria
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Ford Forum!
Welcome to Ford Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-14-2009, 05:13 PM

Default crown vic to expedition engine swap

Will a 4.6L from a crown vic bolt up to a 2000 expedition that also had a 4.6L? The expo is a 4wd automatic.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:16 PM

i am thinking it depends on the year of 4.6 you plan to install. some were designed a lil different. i would try going to www.car-part.com and see if you might find an engine easier to bolt up instead of one that might be different.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:01 PM

It's the same year - 2000. My main concern is the bell housing bolt pattern. Did ford keep it the same between the aod trans in the vic and whatever 4wd trans they used in the expo.

as far as brackets and wiring - i have all that in the expedition. I can swap over whatever brackets and mounts that are necessary.

but i don't want to shell out the cash for an engine without assurance that it will mate up the the trans.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:31 PM

4.6 didnt use AOD except early production 1992. if i remember right, it had AODE. the engines should be capable of same bolt pattern as the older 5.0 engines were. i know the 5.0 engines would bolt to AOD transmissions and i think a couple other.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:31 PM

Tags
350, 46, aod, bolt, crown, engine, engines, excursion, expedition, ford, forum, motor, swap, swaps, vic, victoria