Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

Escape v6 Hesitation Dealer Serviced

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 11:22 AM
Unhappy Escape v6 Hesitation Dealer Serviced

Hi,

We have a 2002 Escape v6 4x4 options everything etc, the dealer has done A LOT of work on this escape[tuneups plugs injection cleaning shocks springs battery ignition cables catalytic system egr valve adjust valves tran flush coolant flush filters/fluids all-round, etc], the problems mostly surfacing just after completing payments and warranty expired - 80,000 miles. Also we recently put $1200 in new tires & brakes.

We finished paying the loan on this Escape and the problems started. The repair bills very much crippled us, and yet we managed.

Now, however, my husband is unemployed, and we are struggling to pay basic bills. We noticed just over the last couple days, there was a hesitation when applying pressure to the gas pedal. it continues to hesitate as you accelerate, until, at least now, you get about 30-40+ miles per hour, then suddenly it kicks in like everything is, and always was, working just fine. Also the 'check engine' light has come on just today and really scares me!!

What is the deal here, anyone know? We spend 1/2 on groceries for the week, then the dealer wants just to LOOK, at a car. We've put 3 years worth of payments into this Escape over the last 1.5 years in repairs, AFTER paying it off.

HELP!!! My husband wants to kill me since i insisted on the Escape, and, I can't help but wish someone would cross over into my lane today and crash into me, wrecking this car which we can't afford to either fix, it seems, or replace....

Some one please help?