Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

Question about 2011 Ford escape 2.5L exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 02:40 AM
Default Question about 2011 Ford escape 2.5L exhaust

Working on my brother n laws '11 escape, couple questions. I can't seam to find a part of the exhaust on any parts diagram. What is the part called or part number in between the Catylitic converter and the muffler. It looks like a resonator about 8- 10 inches long but it says there is only one resonator which is after the the muffler just before the tailpipe. The pipe connection is rotted out completely and I need to replace that part. Any help is appreciated.

Old 02-22-2017, 01:14 PM

If it is that braided piece , it's called a flex joint
Resonators are usually used to help quiet down the exhaust. There are usually pipes available without the resonator if you should decide to eliminate it. Costs less too!

Old 02-22-2017, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by hanky
If it is that braided piece , it's called a flex joint
Resonators are usually used to help quiet down the exhaust. There are usually pipes available without the resonator if you should decide to eliminate it. Costs less too!

2011 Ford Escape Rear View Mirror

2011 Ford Escape Rear View Mirror

misguy , 11-17-2012 07:22 PM
    I have a 2011 Ford Escape. I got a crack in my windshield and got the windshield changed. Before the windshield change, the rearview mirror was nice and solid. However, I just noticed today that the mirror wobbles at the bracket.

I was going to try to cinch down the mirror, because I thought it would
    have a screw to turn, however, it looks like it has some type of clip. I do
    not want to go through calling the windshield company and having to get
    him to come out and all those logistical issue, especially if all I need to do
    is possibly remove it and/or reseat it.

Any advice or instructions on how to do this? Pictures would help. I have
    not found much with searches.

Thanks

lph008 , Today 09:13 PM
    I figured it out, it is part of the actual muffler. Between the cat and the muffler there is a canister 8-10 inches long that I'm pretty sure is another resonator. Local parts store pulled up a picture of the stock muffler and it's all one piece.

second thing is, I'm getting p0141 code. I'm going to start by replacing the 02 sensor first but before that I'd like to be sure. I've read that there is a fuse that I can check first. I can't find anyour info for where this fuse is. Anyone know? Also anyone know how to test a 02 sensor? They are on a very tight budget and Ivery already hadone to replace front strut, brakes, sway bar links just ordered muffler. All to pass inspection

sorry not sure how I posted on the wrong post