Aspire/Festiva/Fiesta Possibly one of the original "sub compacts" this car offered amazinf fuel economy.

1980 Fiesta steering column

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2019, 02:47 PM
Default 1980 Fiesta steering column

Ok so I'll admit I'm not the most savvy when it comes to vehicle repairs. I'm no mechanic. Anyways, I am being gifted a 1980 Ford Fiesta. Not sure of the exact specifications but I'm not sure it matters in this case. It's being given to me by a family member because he is not able to find this part for the vehicle and doesn't want to continue the search.

He says basically what it needs before its in driving condition are the levers and functionality of what is on the steering column (turn signal, high/low beam, horn, etc).

I'm having a time scouring the internet for this type of part. I was able to find a full steering column with these levers on ebay but it states in the description it is for a "Ford truck" with the same year range. But ebay states it fits my model of fiesta. Would this steering column work for a fiesta? Are the interior parts interchangeable between the fiesta and their trucks? If not, would anyone have any info on how about getting this part? Apparently the steering column is fine but it's the levers that don't function. Any info, or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Very tough troubleshooting issues on vehicles this old.

Thanks in advance.