Aspire/Festiva/Fiesta Possibly one of the original "sub compacts" this car offered amazinf fuel economy.

Ford Fiesta, Gears not working, broken Gear Box??? HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 10:03 AM
Default Ford Fiesta, Gears not working, broken Gear Box??? HELP!

well today i finally got my test and the freedom ive wanted. However going down a 60MPH straight and trying to gain speed i couldnt get it into third gear. From then after the gear stick has been extremely tight, making it nearly impossible to put the stick into gear.

It is able to be put into gear whent he engion is off, but as soon as i turn on the engion i have no luck and the problem comes back. It isnt the clutch as when i try to change the gears im not stalling

When i try and get the car into it feels like the whole care moves to one side. Another thing is when its in first gear (after starting it in in first) and having my foot on the clutch, the car moves, like it would if it was in second without the clutch down.

Is this signs of a broken gear box??

Please help!

Thanks,

Chris

Old 09-26-2005, 07:50 PM
Default RE: Ford Fiesta, Gears not working, broken Gear Box??? HELP!

may have a leak in cluth master cylinder or slave cylinder. when you loose your brake fuild the clutch stops working and you have simtoms you got

Old 09-27-2005, 12:53 AM
Default RE: Ford Fiesta, Gears not working, broken Gear Box??? HELP!

i had a 89 acura integra that had a shift link rod that broke in half and did the same; wouldn't engage gears when on and would engage when on! im not sure if your ride has a link rod look underneath car you should see 2 poles hanging or a pole bent! that rod cost me $25 and i replaced myself thou was a paine in the kchishkas but i fixed it good luck!