Audio / Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

problems with MyFord Touch, Sync

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 09:44 AM
Default problems with MyFord Touch, Sync

Hi all,

I'm writing an article for the Consumer Guide Automotive website about drivers' complaints with MyFord Touch.

If you have a complaint (or praise) for this system, please let me know what it is. I will try to address it in the article.

If you'd like, let me know what you think of Sync.

I would like to include your name and city of residence in the article, if you don't mind. Otherwise, I would use your username.

Thank you!

David Aretha

Old 12-20-2017, 06:22 AM

2017 f250 and navigation software 10 years behind in N.C. Transferred by ford rep to 3rd support for updates and told "sorry, that is what you get"

Old 02-17-2018, 06:06 AM
Default Trying to update

Downloaded from fords website ver.2.3, unzipped to usb flash drive (32 gig.) left 2016 Edge running 45 minutes, keep seeing updating system software, screen shut off and restarted left running, software updating shows up again, left on 20 more minutes, turned edge off and started , 20 minutes later, checked version still showing ver.2 Ford says a new file is added to the usb flash drive to send to them to update the info from vehicle on what version you are running, So when I checked the flash drive to see if anything was added, there was but it was a notepad message saying" CopyInterrogatorLog +" "and another " Interrogator txt." So I see something isn't working right. Doe's anyone have any idea how to solve this, Ford doesn't offer any trouble shooting answers that I can find. Please advise any sites that might help, Thanks

Old 02-17-2018, 06:28 AM

Post about N.C. is correct. Same response I got from ford. Was Toyota owner, not sure I made the correct decision to try Ford.

Old 09-29-2018, 08:00 PM
Default Sync 3 audio doesn't work

I love Sync 3 when it's working. But the audio (all sound) has been very intermittent. If the car sits too long (overnight) the audio doesn't come on. Then when I park the car and come back to it a bit later it's fine. It's got the latest software update. It has this problem whether or not wifi and Sync 3 update are turned on. And I've had it in twice to the Ford dealer and they couldn't help. Very frustrating!