Concept & Rumor Mill Heard you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in.

Glastonbury 2010: -You- choose the Saturday and Sunday night headliners...?

Old 01-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Default Glastonbury 2010: -You- choose the Saturday and Sunday night headliners...?

o, U2 are headlining Friday night and are thus far the only act confirmed by Eavis, leading to much speculation as to which artists/bands will rule the Pyramid Stage on Saturday and Sunday. Last year's headliners were, of course, Neil Young on Friday, Bruce Springsteen on Saturday, and Blur on Sunday.

Speculation has run wild. The rumor mill began hinting The Rolling Stones or David Bowie may feature, though Bowie has flatly denied involvement. Muse is also considered a strong contender.

So, which artists/bands would -you- choose? (Let's presume they would agree to perform.)

In my opinion:

Saturday -- The Strokes or The Libertines would definitely be amazing and a nice counterpoint to U2. I'm also in love with the idea of Gorillaz headlining a festival--it would definitely require major planning and Gorillaz as a live band is still a concept in flux, but it could be an AMAZING experience with unforgettable visuals if done correctly. And since Damon Albarn rarely disappoints, I'm sure it would be done correctly. Plus, they will have just released a new album, so it would be fitting.