Fairlane/Falcon/Galaxie/Gran Torino There 1960s classics have not been forgetten, whether it is on the dragstrip or at any car show, they are still all well represented.

Ford Galaxie Transmission loose?

Old 06-16-2013, 08:26 PM
Default Ford Galaxie Transmission loose?

Less than 2 weeks ago, a horrible noise start coming from the transmission I believe. At low RPM's it is most prominent. Its a grinding, scraping noise that speeds up with the engine. The car still drives fine, although I have had it sitting since 2 days after it started because im terrified it will cause damage.
When it drives it also has not changed in performance with this problem. The noise is the only indication something is wrong
My boss who is a boat engine mechanic, (who also has plenty of experience with cars I think), Said that something is loose and is hitting the flywheel it sounds like. Probably just a couple bolts that have shaken loose? What would you suggest I do? I dont have the equipment to pull the engine out of the car. Is there a way I can check this without removing the engine or transmission? He said something about a service panel I can unbolt or something like that. Please help! This car is my child!