Fairlane/Falcon/Galaxie/Gran Torino There 1960s classics have not been forgetten, whether it is on the dragstrip or at any car show, they are still all well represented.

wipers

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 03:28 AM
Default wipers

has anyone removed complete wiper system from an xe ford falcon ute.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:45 AM

Yes, but what year? 61 here, Vaccum system. Will walk you through if you need, an 18 year old kid did it. (me.) I rarely do work on this car, not skilled enough, but this was easy.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:58 AM

I might as well, for the benefit of anyone else who has this quirky system. Vaccum systems are very simple to fix, but difficult to find parts for. Basically there is an intake line leding from: your intake manifold, (in line six, and XE is probably not going to have that) Your fuel pump (that's very unlikely on a Falcon) or somewhere else on your engine that creates a vaccum. You need to make sure this hose is plugged into something, instead of stuffed with a bolt. If this is the case, either remove the whole system and dont' drive in the rain or find a whole new hose. Any leaks will kill your engine, that's why someone stuffed it with a bolt. If it's connected to your wiper motor, or, as I call it, your "Vaccum Box", you need to check the integrity of the box. If you are actually willing to look at it it will become very obvious how the box is attached to the wiper transmission, and you may think you can just slip it off. Do not try this yet, there's at least two screws holding it in place. you will have to find all of these and remove them. Then take your box out and test it manually. If it seems too easy or impossible to twist back and forth, you probably have a leak or a sieze respectively. Replace the box. it's probably not worth your time. If you find it hisses a little as you push it one way and it sucks the other, you should put it back in. The wiper arms are a whole lot of under dash work, and very difficult. If that's your problem, repost about it because i dont' want to go into it.