Ford Crown Victoria The crown victoria, the choice of police forces all over the United States due to its size and available V8 engine

01 Grand Marquis EATC/fan problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 08:50 AM
Default 01 Grand Marquis EATC/fan problem

Hi all. My A/C fan crapped out the other day, and from what I've been able to gather in some of the forums, the culprit seems to be the blower motor controller. This has happened before, but the problem corrected itself in short order. I've tried multiple times to run the EATC diagnostics, but I can't seem to make that work. I've lightly tapped what I believe to be the controller module with a hammer. I've also disconnected the battery and re-connected it with no change in status. Before I plan my next steps, I'd like to get some help. First, the location of the controller - I believe it is a black, rectagular-shaped thing about 4" across, located just under, and to the right of the two hoses going into the firewall. There are two bolts on it - at the two and eight-o'clock positions. There is a part number on it: YW1H-19E624-AA, and a date code: 40128. Can anyone help me confirm this? If this indeed is the controller, I'd like to remove, check and if necessary, clean the plug and electrical connections that are on the right side of it. If that doesn't work, then it looks like my next step is to replace it. Does this sound reasonable? Thanks for any and all help.
Bob