Ford Crown Victoria The crown victoria, the choice of police forces all over the United States due to its size and available V8 engine

Also heat not working on 98 CV LX non police

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 01:04 PM
Default Also heat not working on 98 CV LX non police

Hi folks again. This is a new problem, the below problem with pinging I had saved to ask since the forum wasn't working well a month ago.

Anyway I have 98 CV LX with automatic climate control. Everything works but when i was running the AC the other day, i turned up the temperature a little bit, to let some warm air come in with the AC air. I heard a bit of a creaky noise as if the mechanism was laboring to push or pull open a flap door down there somewhere. But no heat, it's like it's stuck closed to heat. I don't know where to look to see what's wrong. I do the vacuum driven mechanism that closes/opens the fan to fresh/recirculated air but don't know where to look to see what's wrong regarding letting heat come thru. Any advice? it will be much appreciated. :O)

Bob

Old 08-21-2008, 02:45 AM
Default RE: Also heat not working on 98 CV LX non police

i would suspect to a bad thermostat. this is a common problem. before you replace it, better you check it first.

Old 08-21-2008, 04:58 PM

Ok thank you.

Is the thermostat for the climate control system? Not the thermostat for the engine coolant I'm assuming?

I think it has to do with the mechanism that drives the blend door open or closed. Because I heard a creaking noise as if it were stuck shut and then when trying to open it may have broken.

does anyone know where to look for the blend door?

thank you.

Old 08-21-2008, 05:40 PM

My problem is solved, hopefully permanently, thanks to aircondition.com. I googled some stuff and found this advice. Run a self test of system pressing and holding Off and Floor at same time. Release and hit Auto. Self test will show. It can take 20 seconds of a little digit just flipping around on the screen. Code 025 means actuator motor/drive for "blend door". I hit Defrost to exit the test. When I hit AC to turn back on, the compressor came on of course, but now when I hit Hot or Cold buttons, they actually were controlling the blend door as intended. Hopefully someone can use this information soon.