Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

DOA

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 02:48 AM
Default DOA

greetings I have a 90 E350 7.3 diesel. I brought it from uhaul. I put about 1000 miles on it and it died. It first started shuting off for no reason while driving. It would set for a hour or so and start right up. Hmm. Then the started went out. Then while driving from Atl. to Columbia SC it died 25 miles from Columbia. This was the first time it was loaded (3/4 full). It started slowing on hills, then it got worst. I stopped to fuel and it was running rough. Finally it started knocking at about 65 mph. I let off the gas it stops. Drives fine. Get up to 65 an it does it again. Finally started knocking on hills. Pulled over and it idled fine. Got it towed to town. Very low oil pressure while driving, none at idle. Oil pan over full. Suspect fuel in oil. It will start and idle still. Can't get anyone to come look at it. Everyone on phone says need new engine, bearing gone, ignitors, this that, all from the phone. Can anyone help.