Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

Door inside trim removal instructions needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 10:27 PM
Default Door inside trim removal instructions needed

2001 E150 cargo van inside door trim, how do you:

Remove window crank handle?

Then, remove the door panel?

No power anything on this door.

Need to know to avoid breaking things, on inspection it surely isn't put together like the older ones.

Any help? I have a haynes manual but they assume too much.

Doyle

Old 08-11-2006, 11:42 PM
Default RE: Door inside trim removal instructions needed

A trick to removing window crank: Take a rag or towel and drape it over the shaft between the panel & plastic gromet. Pulling each end of the rag against the shaft slowly will pop the clip onto the ground. Look for clip> You'll get a hang of it first try. The release handle, I believe is a mater of removing the trim around it (screws?) and a hole should reveal any further action. Get yourself a tool to remove the panel. It looks like a mini crowbar with a grip handle. Use it to pry up on the panel enough to see where the clips are. Use the tool at the clips and make sure it's them you are prying on. The bottom should come loose first and work your way up. Roll down the window and twist the panel up. It should come out with just a little cursing.

Old 08-12-2006, 02:56 AM

A trick to removing window crank: Take a rag or towel and drape it over the shaft between the panel & plastic gromet. Pulling each end of the rag against the shaft slowly will pop the clip onto the ground.
Thank you, I am up to speed on removing this type of clip, the horse shoe shaped clip. I have the tool. Problem is, I have pushed in the panel and the gromet at the shaft but there isn't one. Then, on inspection, it appears that a bolt may be holding the handle to the shaft;

but to get to that one needs to:

a. First remove the **** on the handle to facilitate removing the outer handle shell.

b. Once the shell is removed, the bolt/screw holding the handle to the shaft would be revealed for removal.

So, in that perspective, what I need confirmed is; am I right?
My thinking to that question is find a manual or come here and get it confirmed before proceeding at the risk of being wrong and breaking something. My Haynes manual merely instructs to remove the handle which doesn't answer my question.

This is an "01" E150, about five years old so I am hoping to get feedback from someone who has been there and done that.

Anyone?

Thanks for your input.

Doyle

Old 08-17-2006, 09:02 PM
JWA

I'm in the auto glass biz and if you email me direct I'll put together a small photo tutorial for you---I have already taken the photos but cannot get them properly pasted into this block. One day I'll learn how to embed multiple photos but that doesn't seem to be THIS day!

Glad to help---I hate door glass R&I and know it's a bear!!

J W

Old 08-18-2006, 11:35 PM

Thanks a big bunch JW,
The pictures you posted came through great, something I need to learn. I have the digital camera.

From your picture info, I now have the confidence to pull a little harder on the handle without breaking it.

See you are new, it is especially proper to welcome you! Look forward to reading your post.

I am in the Upholstering business, owner/operator.

Thanks again,
Doyle