Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

94 E-350 heater issues...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2023, 02:37 PM
Exclamation 94 E-350 heater issues...

Hello everyone!

I have a 1994 Ford E-350 Club Wagon. It was originally a passenger van and it is now our HVAC/maintenance van at work. It was originally equipped with front and rear heat and A/C. Recently we had an issue with the blower motor going out, along with the vent selection not working, I checked the blower fuse under the hood and it was not blown. I decided to replace the blower motor and resistor. I also took out the HVAC controls and found the the switch for the front blower control was melted a bit. I ordered a replacement for that as well. At some point in the removal/reinstallation processes, I managed to break the vacuum assembly that is connected to the HVAC controls. I went ahead and hooked the rest back up without hooking up the vacuum lines as I figured the blower would at least turn on with the switch. I got nothing at all. No power at the connection for the motor (multimeter read 0v), and no power at the switch connector (multimeter read 23mv). I am stumped at this point.

1. Where else should I look in terms of getting this blower motor functioning? Its 8 degrees F here in the mornings and we gotta get this figured out.
2. Will air blow out any vents with the vacuum lines disconnected? Will it default to the last setting or defrost? Or not at all?
3. Is there any way I can find this vacuum assembly? I was not having luck finding this exact one anywhere online and there's no junk yard for 3 hours in any direction from us. Most used HVAC units online are for the cargo vans with no rear controls and some of the plugs look different so I am not sure if I can interchange that part.

Part #: EIAH-I9D86I-BA
Picture of the part in question:

Thank you!

Old 12-03-2023, 05:29 AM

A little FYI,
Ford sends power directly to the blower motor and resistor for all speeds except on hi speed goes through a relay.
The reason the switch melted was because the bearings in the motor went dry and increased the power requirement of the motor and the ground for the motor is through the blower switch. Have seen a few of these and as you already know the switch AND the push on plug have to be replaced.
Hope you replaced the motor or it will happen again.!
You might try , Vintage Parts Inc., located in Beaver Dam, Wisc if you cannot locate the part you need.