Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

E Series Cabin Filter Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2023, 01:57 PM
Default E Series Cabin Filter Retrofit

Hi folks, am new here so want to say hello. I've been browsing the forum occasionally since I've purchased my 2003 E250 in January and have found a wealth of information from the people here. Really thankful for yall and I'm hoping to forward a question since I can't find anything mentioned in these forums.

A week ago I went to the beach on a windy day, and sand got blown into the engine bay/blower motor. Ever since I've had sand being blown through my vents into my face, eyes, doghouse, etc. It's something I'd rather not have to repeat while I travel through particularly dusty parts of the country (the van is being converted at the moment). Other than dissembling/clearing the blower motor, I am looking for ways to DIY retrofit a cabin filter to prevent this. I have an acquaintance who insists there's retrofit kits for all the vans but he owns a 2014 Transit but I'm doubtful the E series has the same options, since I can't find anything anywhere mentioning this. Hoping somebody has experience or 2 cents to drop in. Thanks.