Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

e250 body mounts

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 09:37 PM
Default e250 body mounts

So I recently bought a 2001 e250 van, and am fixing it up a bit- suspension currently.
Anyways, I noticed a couple of the body mounts need replacing and need to know a few things: 1. how many body mounts are there? 2. is there somewhere online that points out where these mounts are? 3. Any tips you'd like to impart?
thanks!

Old 09-24-2023, 08:15 AM

I know that this is an insanely old post, but after my 3-day nightmare of changing all the body mounts on my E 350, and not finding much information or tips at all, I felt compelled to reply. There are 12 mounts total. Six on each side. I could not find anything online that pointed to where they are. However, they are easy to locate if you look on top of the frame. As for removing them, buy several new 6 inch and 9 inch sawzall blades for metal. Do one side at a time. Try to take out ALL the body mount bolts on the side you are working on. If they break don't worry. Next, safely, jack the frame up just enough to get the sawzall blade under the bushing on top of the frame. If you leave weight on then the blade will bind. Proceed to cut each of the top bushings off. Finally, replace with the new mounts.
You have to remove the front bumper to access the position 1 mounts. But, the technique is the same.
I spent 3 days figuring out how to best do this. Once I figured it out, it only took me about 2 hours a side.
Good Luck

Old 02-01-2024, 12:42 PM
Default Where did you find mounts? Do you have to remove anything else besides bumper?

Originally Posted by becksterorange
I know that this is an insanely old post, but after my 3-day nightmare of changing all the body mounts on my E 350, and not finding much information or tips at all, I felt compelled to reply. There are 12 mounts total. Six on each side. I could not find anything online that pointed to where they are. However, they are easy to locate if you look on top of the frame. As for removing them, buy several new 6 inch and 9 inch sawzall blades for metal. Do one side at a time. Try to take out ALL the body mount bolts on the side you are working on. If they break don't worry. Next, safely, jack the frame up just enough to get the sawzall blade under the bushing on top of the frame. If you leave weight on then the blade will bind. Proceed to cut each of the top bushings off. Finally, replace with the new mounts.
You have to remove the front bumper to access the position 1 mounts. But, the technique is the same.
I spent 3 days figuring out how to best do this. Once I figured it out, it only took me about 2 hours a side.
Good Luck
Where did you buy the mounts and besides the bumper is there anything else that needs to come off?

Old 02-02-2024, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by babyjavier1
Where did you buy the mounts and besides the bumper is there anything else that needs to come off?
I bought them from RockAuto. I also had to remove one of the rear seat mounts.

Old 02-02-2024, 10:05 PM
Default Thank you

Sir thank you again. I have an E 150 and I did see under the van 12 mounts. I saw that some on the left side middle by the fuel thank seems a little hard to get to the mounts. I will study it like you did and see if I can do it. Will post when I get to do it when the weather gets better.