Ford Econoline E Series The full size van is alive and well at FMC, with the heart of the F series trucks in both cargo vans and passenger vans.

help mr wizard

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 04:50 PM
Default help mr wizard

howdy...1990 e 250 5.0....first ques is where in the heck is the fuse block with the fuel pump fuses...if there is one...and mine has the 16 gal midship and the 22 rear...the 16 has never worked so i have the tank out and replaced pump and thought i would make sure it had power...key on reading no voltage testing in the female plug at the tank ? any help GREATLY appreciated...obviously im not a wiz so go easy on me....thank u

Old 02-03-2019, 02:05 PM

Hi Steve,
The fuse panel should be located to the left of the steering column just above the parking brake pedal under the left side of the dash.
It has to be fun watching 2 non wizzes work, LOL.
The fuel pump relay should be located under the hood, on the firewall on the passenger side. The EEC power relay is also located there and the relays should be the same.
The only time you will have the fuel pump relay providing power to the fuel pump is either when you first turn on the key where the ECA (computer) completes the ground for the relay to close and provide power to the fuel pump for approx. 2 seconds. When the vehicle is started , the dist provides an RPM signal and that will also cause the fuel pump relay to energize. Now there is a third way you can provide power to the pump and that is thru the diagnostic plug under the hood. located on the right front fender apron near the starter relay. Looking at the diagnostic plug, if you hold the plug with the two end terminals so they look like two top hats , the terminal on the right side end when grounded ant the key turned on will provide power to the fuel pump for checking pressure etc. If you notice any leaks disconnect the leads immediately until the leaks are repaired.
On another note there is a cute little tool made by "Thexton" that is really cheap , comes with directions and can provide codes and do running engine testing that is all done for you with the vehicle computer. I will post the info on this tool as soon as I can locate it.
It is thexton's tool #443, This little tool is fantastic and it will help you do running engine tests on your Ford , No scan tool necessary, highly recommend it.

Last edited by hanky; 02-03-2019 at 02:30 PM.