Ford Edge This new crossover combines the economy of a compact car with the interior size and capabilities of an SUV.

2013 Edge Problems

Old 03-20-2014, 11:10 AM
Default 2013 Edge Problems

Hello!

Is anyone else experiencing issues such as mine listed below? I've apparently worn out the assistance from the dealership, as they say these issues are in my head and there is nothing wrong with my car. I've also emailed Ford Directly, and received no feedback.

I have taken my car in regularly with issues, which aren't getting resolved. Here are a few of my problems and what I've been told:

I purchased a brand new 2013 Edge in June/July 2012 and then it turned to trouble.

Where do I start; it has a HUGE dust problem to the point I can drive down the gravel with Chapstick on and windows up and in less than a mile I have a serious amount of grit on my lips. Service group told me "it's not built to drive on gravel."

My Vista MoonRoof won't close while driving down the road, and as of this weekend, even sitting still. The dealer told me that it has dirt in the seal, and once again "It wasn't meant to drive on gravel."

It won't drive straight to save its life. Let go of the steering wheel and in 2 seconds tops, and you're out of your lane. It's been aligned EVERY TIME it's gone in for an oil change or been in the shop. Service manager says it's "normal" and will no longer align it for free; I'd be ok to pay for it, if it didn't go back to this the day after it's aligned. (Literally)

On random occasions my dash will light up with no keys in it, and stay lit for minutes, sometimes hours. On these same lines, when I turn my car off and take the keys out, the radio and dash won't turn off on occasion, and stay on for hours.

It's normal for all my electronics to stop working and just shut off while driving down the road. (Radio, climate control, all gauges) Let me tell you, it's pretty safe when I have kids with me!

And as of late, when I put it in drive it won't shift out of first, or backing out of a parking spot it won't go in reverse. When I stop at a light or stop sign and then accelerate, it has a big delay between when I press the pedal to when it goes, and then it jerks. Service manager says today that there's nothing wrong with it.

I’m to the point that every time I bring my car in, I can visually tell that serivce manager is irritated. I quit telling him the stuff that keeps occurring, because he has no desire to hear it anymore. What am I to do, I’ve been working with the service manager since the day I bought it, if he won’t do anything – apparently it’s all in my head. (Which I’ve been told at Dewey Ford, before…or you’re just a girl, you don’t know what you’re talking about.)

I've spoken with a manager while my salesman was in the office, and was told there was nothing that could be done in regards to my car. I'm extremely disappointed in the quality of vehicle I've purchased from Dewey Ford as well as the service that came with it. I have always been a Ford type of person, but after this purchase, I have no desire to EVER own another one in my life.

Any advice is GREATLY apprecaited!!!

Irritated Edge Owner

Old 03-20-2014, 02:13 PM

It does sound like your vehicle has some serious problems. Have you considered taking it to a different dealership service dept. The one you have been using just maybe overwhelmed with work and can't handle more . Different dealerships and different service departments service customers and their vehicles differently.
It's amazing how different service departments treat customers. If you can you may have to try a few, but there will be one that will be courteous and take care of the vehicle's problems with your help. Keep trying , they are out there. There are folks here that work for Ford service departments and they may be able to suggest the best way to get the service you deserve.