Ford Edge This new crossover combines the economy of a compact car with the interior size and capabilities of an SUV.

2014 Edge Cargo Accessory Package

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 05:43 PM
Default 2014 Edge Cargo Accessory Package

Hi all!

I just purchased a 2014 Ford Edge Limited last weekend. So far it's been great, and is a nice step up from the 2002 Ford Escape XLT I previously owned.

One option the vehicle I purchased did not come with is the "Cargo Accessory Package". I'm trying to determine

1) what's included in the "Cargo Accessory Package"
2) can I essentially "add" the package to my existing vehicle, by purchasing parts or having my favorite Blue Oval certified service department install the package on my vehicle?

For #1, I tried multiple dealerships (both sales and parts) and no one could tell me what's included in the package. I finally did text-chat on the Ford "Build & Price" page for the Edge, and Christina was able to tell me that the package includes

"Cargo Cover"
"Cargo Area Protector"
"Rear Bumper Protector"

She also found one part #, DT4Z-7845440-AA, but I can't tell from the parts web site what's included in that part #. Doing keyword searching on the parts site for the other parts hasn't turned up anything.

So, does anyone know if I (or a dealership) can add this package, after the fact, to my existing vehicle, and if so what part number(s) would be involved?

I'm loving the new vehicle, but the run-around I've gotten trying to answer this question has been pretty frustrating, so any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tim

Old 12-15-2014, 11:34 PM

Part number DT4Z-7845440-AA is for the cargo cover that pulls out like a window shade and hooks in place to cover up your rear cargo from view. Go to Official Ford Parts Site | Buy Motorcraft & OEM Ford Parts Online | FordParts.com and select 2014 FORD EDGE and then put part number DT4Z-7845440-AA in where it asks for part number and search. it will provide a picture of what your looking for with the numbers and prices. You can also order directly from the web site everything you are looking for.

Old 12-17-2014, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Use Common Sense
Part number DT4Z-7845440-AA is for the cargo cover that pulls out like a window shade and hooks in place to cover up your rear cargo from view. Go to Official Ford Parts Site | Buy Motorcraft & OEM Ford Parts Online | FordParts.com and select 2014 FORD EDGE and then put part number DT4Z-7845440-AA in where it asks for part number and search. it will provide a picture of what your looking for with the numbers and prices. You can also order directly from the web site everything you are looking for.
As I said in my original post, I did find that part # on fordparts.com, but if you look at the illustration for that part # on the site, it's not clear what's actually included. In fact, the 11600A part in the bottom left of the illustration seems like it would actually be the "Cargo Area Protector", not the cover (shade).

I definitely appreciate your assistance, but I'm still in the dark about whether I can order some or all of what would be in the "Cargo Accessory Package".

Thanks,

Tim