Ford Edge This new crossover combines the economy of a compact car with the interior size and capabilities of an SUV.

Aftermarket radio wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 04:43 PM
Default Aftermarket radio wiring harness

Decided to order a Chinese android radio to replace the factory navigation style radio in the wife's 2008 Edge. Was having issues with the navigation software not being able to read the disc, as well as wanting a backup camera. I'm wondering if there is a different wiring harness needed for the navigation style radios, due to the extra features. Don't necessarily need the Sync features, which never quite worked right anyways, but would like to retain the steering wheel controls and the USB in the glove box. Metra lists several different harness kits, so I'm not sure which one is needed. Also, does anyone know if an antenna adapter will be needed?

Old 04-29-2018, 06:43 PM

Just touching base here.
This may or may not apply , but is worth making sure before getting involved.

Starting around 2008, some vehicles contained a network set-up where the radio was one of the network modules. If that is a possibility here, make sure your new radio will be compatible with your vehicle before diving into the job. I don't know for sure, and I would think a Ford dealership service dept could better answer that concern.

Old 04-29-2018, 07:32 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site.

I’d try Crutchfield, possibly PIE interface etc.
Crutchfield has a good tech support, and probably more familiar within the offshore import offerings. Depending on manufacturer of your unit, they may be able to lend some direction or adapter kits to OE harness conversion.. Steeering wheel controls, if the unit purchased is capable, kits are available for some of the units they sell. Camera hardware/kits as well..