Ford Edge This new crossover combines the economy of a compact car with the interior size and capabilities of an SUV.

Cabin Filter

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 06:23 PM
Default Cabin Filter

Can anyone tell me where the cabin filter is located? I have a musty smell when the air conditioner comes on.

Thanks

Old 04-05-2010, 08:31 AM

I was having a problem same as you, I had my windshield replaced and they left off a piece of rubber weather strip that keeps the water from running down into the heater.I took off the plastic cover on the bottom of the windshield around the wiper arms, there are 4 or 5 plastic clips that hold the cover in place, use a flat head screwdriver and turn the head of the clip then pry in out and the cover will come off, the cabin filter is located under this piece, you simply pull a little tab attached to the filter and it pops right out, it looks very much like a regular air filter for the intake.
In my situation they left out the weather strip and when it rained my floor board got wet, and finally the water shorted out the heater relay and I had no heat at all, so make sure you have the weather strip in place when you put it back together. The weather strip is only about 18-24 inches long and just looks like the rubber weather strip around the trunk of a car, I put a little adhesive on the rubber and pushed in back in place and have not had anymore problems, and my floor is dry now when it rains.
My experience will help you.