Ford Edge This new crossover combines the economy of a compact car with the interior size and capabilities of an SUV.

Ford Edge 2016 tail light

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 04:16 PM
Default Ford Edge 2016 tail light

Hi everyone

I noticed that the tail light on SEL trim is not as the Titanium .
In the Titanium the whole red line is working unlike the SEL .

Here is a photo of the titanium :

This one is SE but the same on the back with SEL

The question is can I change and make it like the Titanium? because it is way better !

Old 11-27-2016, 05:10 PM

Sherlock - I'm just guessing on this but I wouldn't think this can be activated without purchasing the entire light fixture. I'm basing this on the light bar being a non-traditional bulb (i.e. the bar is a continuous LED fixture of unique design; not something that is simply disabled on the SE/SEL models). Check with Ford for an entire rear light assembly but I suspect it's awfully expensive. You might be able to find one from a front end wrecked Edge but that's not very likely.

My only experience with this type of thing goes back to a F150 I purchased new in 2003. It was a "Heritage" edition truck that carried some unique options but not the puddle lamps in the door panels. The lenses were there but they weren't functional (i.e. they didn't light up). A year or so after getting the truck, I broke one of the door panels (long story) but in replacing the panel, I found a wiring harness with an empty plug already installed behind the puddle lamp lens. I figured out what which bulb applied, plugged it in, and bada bing... my puddle lamp light option was suddenly installed.

Apparently Ford built those year trucks with a standard wiring harness that included all the hardware (except the light bulbs). For a mere $150, I could have ordered the "courtesy lamp package" on my new truck but I figured that was a lot of money to get a couple of pretty lights in the door panels. Turns out my cheapness saved me some money and for about $6 and 30 minutes of effort, I had the optional lights that the upgraded trucks had.

That was 13 years ago using traditional incandescent bulbs. The new Edge Titanium lights are significantly more advanced and I suspect, not a shelf item at your local autocrats store.