Ford Edge This new crossover combines the economy of a compact car with the interior size and capabilities of an SUV.

Ford OEM Towing Hitch Wiring-Instructions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 06:53 PM
Default Ford OEM Towing Hitch Wiring-Instructions?

I purchased a Curt Class 3 towing hitch for my 2017 Ford Edge SE because I did not want the towing hitch offered by Ford. I will be towing a very small trailer that I use for disposal of yard waste so there is nothing that needs to be done to the suspension and I don't think my system will need to be "flashed" or "reflashed" once the towing wiring is installed. I ordered the Ford OEM Part No. "FT1Z-15A416-A KIT - TRAILER HITCH ELECTRICS" Ford Parts Giant because I don't want any warranty problems caused by using third party/aftermarket parts. I received the wiring kit but there were no instructions included and Ford Parts Giant has been unable to get a copy from Ford. I've spent hours searching online for the instructions to no avail. Does anyone here know where I can find a copy? I cant get them from a Ford Dealer. If not, I'm going to go with the "T-Connector 4-Way Flat, Powered (56272) by CURT" (https://www.carid.com/curt/t-connector-mpn-56272.html) which, unlike the one offered by Ford, is plug and play. I've been assured by Curt that their wiring kit will cause no problems with the Edge's existing wiring but I would prefer to use the Ford OEM wiring kit.