Ford Edge This new crossover combines the economy of a compact car with the interior size and capabilities of an SUV.

My Touch upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 12:27 PM
Default My Touch upgrade

Good news owners of Edges and new Explorers with MyTouch system: Ford will be mailing you a flash drive (and navigation card, if equpped) to update the system to the 'permanant' fix they've developed for them. It will take about 15-45 minuets, and the display will be a little different (it will include a new icon in the lower center to go to the settings directly, instead of having to jump around with it).
One tip: if you have the black screen of death, or it's locked up already, perform a power reset (disconnect the batt. cable for 5 min. before starting). This will usually bring back the system, then you can put the flash drive in and it will update. This is a good thing to do even if the system is working correctly, as it clears out the memory).
One other thing. Some of these cars will fry the APIM (module responsible for the systems working) when updated, and it will need to be replaced (happens more often on systems that are locked up). Don't worry, Ford will replace it under warranty. Good luck!