Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

06 ford escape v6 rough idle, random surges NO CEL

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2021, 08:45 AM
Default 06 ford escape v6 rough idle, random surges NO CEL

Ive been fighting with my girlfriends 06 escape v6 auto FWD 170k miles now for a while. Its always had a vibration at idle, in gear, but only while stopped and it clears up as soon as you hit the gas and go, still not as zippy as before. When i first drove her car it had to much power and was so zippy and now it seems its not. A year ago i replaced spark plugs and engine mounts to combat the issue. I had to remove the intake manifold but being a noobie i didnt replace the gaskets, the vibration was even worse now but engine mounts were obviously bad and torn. A few weeks ago i knew i messed up with the intake, so i installed a new OEM upper intake manifold with all new gaskets. I also checked the plugs for giggles when i was under there and they were all white on the tips (so its running lean) i also replaced the fuel filter. Ive looked at TONS of forums narrowing it down to maybe just a vacuum leak ive never seen, EGR valve, IAC valve or PCV valve. If anyone has any idea what problem i may be having please let me know and if further information is necessary just ask!
Thanks in advance!