Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

2007 escape harness connector help please

Old 05-07-2014, 06:59 PM
Default 2007 escape harness connector help please

Really embarrassed to be asking this but it's been over a year since I tore this down and the girl finally has the money for parts I am having trouble finding the mate to 2 connectors I have pics of them and have searched until I can't see straight anyone out there with a 2007 2.3 escape please help I need to get this thing out of my life I need to locate the hate to these connectors.

One connector comes out by the thermostat housing under the power strg pump it is a female connector the other is a really short male connector between 1-2 injector plugs I have pics but can't attach them.I spent 2 hours looking for the mates today .

Attached Thumbnails 2007 escape harness connector help please-sink-plugs-006-small-.jpg   2007 escape harness connector help please-sink-plugs-005-small-.jpg  
Old 05-07-2014, 07:28 PM

This may not be the best way to solve the problem, but if all else fails you can always use a male and female push in terminal crimped to the wires and shrink wrap them when done. If it became necessary to disconnect them at some future time , all that one needed to do was cut the shrink tubing and separate the connections. Even if you locate the plugs you may still need to splice them on to the wires and shrink wrap them anyway. There are special tools to remove the metal connectors from some of the plugs , but this gets a little troublesome sometimes.

Old 05-08-2014, 05:47 AM

The problem is that there is no mate connector in the harness anywhere for it to attach to so I have no wiring to the connector the plug in above the water pump looks like the knock sensor I just cant find the plug in for it.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

The red connector looks to be for the Intake Manifold Tuning Valve,

The other connector looks like Cylinder Head temp going by blurry wire colors (2). Can you get a better image if the face of the connector/configuration and verify the 2 wire colors including any tracers on the wires

Old 05-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Given the location on the Gray connector, you'd think P/S pressure Switch, but the wire colors don't seem to match..

Old 05-08-2014, 11:37 AM

1st connector is a 2 wire male red/white tracer-purple/blue-tracer it exits the harness at the #2 injector lead it is approx. 6 inches long so it must plug into a bolt on ? there is nothing there to plug it into also the inside of the connector is red. the other connector I believe is the knock sensor it exits right under the power strg pump is grey in color and has white and red solid wires there is also nothing in the area or coming out of the harness to plug int any help would be greatly appreciated this has been a nightmare.I have followed every harneness and am coming up blank thanks for any help this thing has been sitting in my yard for a year freebee nightmare.

Attached Thumbnails 2007 escape harness connector help please-harness-001-small-.jpg   2007 escape harness connector help please-harness-002-small-.jpg   2007 escape harness connector help please-harness-003-small-.jpg   2007 escape harness connector help please-harness-004-small-.jpg  
Old 05-08-2014, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

The Black/Red connector is for the Intake Manifold Tuning Valve, the other connect I'll check later today...

Last edited by Hayapower; 05-08-2014 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:37 PM

wiring issue solved unplugged everything and worked backwards found both connectors finished assembly and charged batt tried to start nodda has no fuel I can shoot some juice in the t body and it will start has inj pulse been sitting for a year I think she added a couple of bottles of fuel inj cleaner to it may have destroyed the pump ?Killing me I gotta get rid of it.

Old 05-09-2014, 06:28 PM

Since you have injector pulse, did you check the inertia switch on the passenger side kick panel. There should be a small hole there to reset it if it may have been tripped.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:11 PM

No had no idea there was one I do get a 2sec prime from the pump the only other thing was the crank sensor does it have an adjustment it is slotted?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 escape harness connector help please