Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

2012 escape front windshield and sprayer gremlins

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2022, 09:55 PM
Default 2012 escape front windshield and sprayer gremlins

Hi all I have a 201/ escape I bought last year used but only 87000 miles on it. It was one owner in excellent shape. Not had any problems whatsoever until yesterday when my windshield wipers for front and the washer sprayer came on by themselves. Thought it might have been switch was dirty. So cleaned really well and it didn’t do it again for about an hour or so. Then all of a sudden it came on yet again first the wipers then the sprayer, it did this several times intermittently with no one touching controls. My nephew was gonna at least unplug the washer fluid to keep motor from burning out. But could not since it’s all link with blower motor relay. Now a couple weeks back switched out to a new battery but have not had any issues with anything til now. This morning when I got in car and started it was like I had left wipers on and I couldn’t get control switch to shut down, finally it shut off after about a minute or so. Then it stopped for almost 2 hrs of continuous driving. Then it kicked in yet again a couple more times but after last round turned off ignition and when started car back up it seems to have corrected itself. My concern is so I have a wiring problem or is this just a fluke? I will say that when we changed out battery nephew found when when I bought car last yr I had ford put a hitch on car, he found where trailer wire wasn’t crimped in to wiring harness. So he disconnected that to keep loose wire from arcing on motor block. And yesterday we were touring some property and had ac on but doors weee constantly open if not windows. There was quite a bit of condensation built up inside the vents and had water drip on my foot from underneath. I turned off ac and it was right after wipers and all started acting up. Is it possible that some of the built up condensation might have found way in fuse box and was a gremlin of sorts. I’m hoping that someone can give some suggestions the car hasn’t thrown any codes as I can tell there’s no check engine light on. If it was switch would not other things be messing up such as rear wiper or turn signal or dimmer? Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 09-05-2022, 06:21 AM

I would suggest , if you want to, remove , clean both surfaces of any wires connecting to sheet metal in the engine compartment and reinstall them. Problems like this can be caused by poor ground connections.
A good place to start would be right at where the battery cables connected to the battery then move on to all you can see.

Old 09-05-2022, 01:59 PM

Thanks it has suddenly stopped as quick as it started not sure what it is but will check my grounds.