Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

2013 Escape S falling apart!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 11:49 PM
Default 2013 Escape S falling apart!!!

Picked mine up in end of August..have 12,900 miles and heres my list of problems!

-After runnning a/c in car for a while, it stops working and car has very bad hesistation and cannot stay running at a stop

-Molding pieces on exterior falling off due to bad adhesive

-Passenger seat squeaks loudly like a 60 yr old wooden rocking chair

- Strange oil residue forming on inside of windshiled with defrost on...heater core leaking?

-Heat shield/insulation falling off and dragging around underside of car around muffler ( I have not hit anything or bottomed out)

- Loud "popping" noise from muffler area when starting engine

- When turning defrost on, the fan selector randomly runs through floor,vent, defrost vents..does it again...then goes to selected vent.

- Fog/haze forming in tail lights as if a bad seal is present allowing water in!

- Driver door molding failing after use and sounds like window is always open due to loud exterior noise.

If this wasnt a work car..I would have returned this model and thrown the keys back to the dealer. If you buy this car..its because of the new look and not the car itself.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:42 AM

Those darn Union workers. It's not possible to make these guys assemble the pieces as they should. Can't fire 'em, can't make them work. I suppose the production conveyor line is already slowed down 'cause I don't see many 2012 or 2013 Escape's around my town. No excuse.

-After runnning a/c in car for a while, it stops working and car has very bad hesistation and cannot stay running at a stop. Vacuum leak?

-Molding pieces on exterior falling off due to bad adhesive. And - Driver door molding failing after use and sounds like window is always open due to loud exterior noise.
3-M Yellow Trim Adhesive to the rescue. You glue it on.

- When turning defrost on, the fan selector randomly runs through floor,vent, defrost vents..does it again...then goes to selected vent. And - Strange oil residue forming on inside of windshiled with defrost on And ...heater core leaking? Pressure test but have a tech sniff for A/C refrigerant leak.

- Loud "popping" noise from muffler area when starting engine. And -After runnning a/c in car for a while, it stops working and car has very bad hesistation and cannot stay running at a stop. Have a gut feeling these are related. Too lean? and no 'kick-up' the idle when A/C is running and car is idling.

Fog/haze forming in tail light as if a bad seal is present allowing water in! Warranty the lens. R&R new ones. VOR! Vehicale off the road. Hurry!

skip.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:49 PM

You both should have purchased a Mazda CX 5. No problems !!!!

Old 02-05-2013, 09:30 AM

Junior, A "Mazda 5" ? -->WHAT!! I'm sorry but that will not pull my sailboat or allow me room for the other projects my wife has me doing in the summer.

Secondly. SON! 'there be no substitute for MASS.' As we all know the angle of the dangle is equal to the mass of the a**.

I refuse to drive around today in a hot shoe coffin, no matter how well it runs and performs...despite Obama's or your best efforts. Actually if I were to want a small, yet still inefficient fuel sipping car that goes like stink and is fun to four wheel drift around a curve, I'd love to pick up the last generation of a Mazda Rotary. But that ain't gonna happen, who wants to pay the insurance?

skip.

Last edited by skip1930; 02-05-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:24 AM

I doubt that the Escape is being used to tow a sail boat. Lets face it, we purchased small NOT for towing BUT for economy + reliability. At least I got both with the CX 5. 25 mpg in the city and 31 on the road. 9000 miles and only oil changes. so there !!!

Old 02-06-2013, 03:50 PM

In 2001 Inherited a 1999 Saturn twin cam which I never liked very much. Had about 60 miles on it...mother-in-law could not keep 'dad' out of his Cadillac which he kept running into things.

It had wonderful gas mileage but felt like I was dragging my butt on the ground. The car went like a raped ape, reminded me of one of my Mustangs. Traded it in for a 2006 Mercury Montego Premier AWD, which I love.

skip.

Old 02-06-2013, 06:34 PM

i am not gonna get involved in this topic, but you have every right to be angry about these issues. Even though most are not the vehicle's build fault.

Old 02-17-2013, 09:44 AM

I am thinking about the new 2013 Escape as a second vehicle. Presently own a 2007 escape. Only issue I had with it after 98000KM was the breaks-that was a nightmare but ford did cover all teh costs and provided a looner while the parts were on order. I like the fact that I can replace a fuel filter or plugs on my own. Also considering a subaru forester. One thing I will not do is buy a 4 cyl. I like and need the V6 for the highway and towing.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:02 AM

Won't buy a 4 cylinder? O.K. you do know that the most popular and most purchased automobile in China is a Buick Lucerne and these Buick's are fitted with 4 cylinder churns.

My friend gave up his engineering job at GMC-Detroit and moved to China and works for China's largest vehicle manufacture. He specializes in rubber triple seals around doors and body seems.

The B.R.I.C. countries. Brazil-Russia-India-China. These four countries have a economic growth rate in the double digit rate while the U.S. limps along with 0.17%. That is pathetic. Thank you Liberals. But for me, I would not want to live in any of these armpit countries. I'll just do less with less.

skip.

Last edited by skip1930; 02-18-2013 at 11:09 AM.