Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

Excessive crank time when starting

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2020, 07:28 AM

If the recall was done a few years ago thats probably not your issue, the clamp position isnt gonna change over time, if the clamp was placed slightly incorrectly then the issue will start happen shortly after.
IN fairness ford didnt screw up the recall, they just didnt originally specify the exact position of the clamp has to be in, then the part number they have for the clamp by itself is incorrect and they never fixed that part number issue. I cant find the SSM but the clamp has to be like with 2/32 inch from the end of the hose and 3/32 inch on the hose where the last barb on the nipple is.
I didnt notice earlier but you said it acts up when warmed up, the fuel flange clamp issue does not care if the car cold or hot.

If you post here or message me your VIN I can look up outstanding recalls and some warranty repair history info.

Personally I would take it to another dealer or indie shop, if you have the time to screw with this you can but unless there are codes present its the kind of diag thats a pain in the *** and takes a lot of testing.
You would also probably need a high end scan tool to help with diag, people seem to like this dtcassist, I think its a computer program.