Ford Escape The newest smaller SUV from Ford allows the buyer to have the use of an SUV without the hunger for fuel that so many SUVs display.

Solution- Battery drain- 2020 Hybrid Escape

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2024, 10:06 PM
Default Update system needed?

Originally Posted by Ford Since 78
I finally fixed our battery drain issue! The original battery was weak after 3 years. I found a thread on U-Tube about upgrading the battery to a group 48. It is an easy upgrade, you only need to reverse the hold-down clamp. The 2020 Escape Hybrid seems designed for this upgrade. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0G_RyOTAxA

Since upgrading the battery, not only have the battery-drain issues stopped, but the center console reset issues have also disappeared. The screen frequently was not working and required a hard reset every few days.
Did you need to update anything after installing the battery or did it just work correctly after upgrading the battery? I have heard you might need to either update the system software through a dealer or someone who can plug the right software into the car to show the AGM battery. Or I have also heard you need to update the battery system with flashing the brights 5 times and pumping the brakes 3 ti

Old 05-07-2024, 12:29 PM

I did nothing special. It is just a 12V battery with a larger capacity. I simply disconnected the old battery, removed the hold down clamp, removed the old battery, installed the new battery, rotated the hold-down clamp 180 degrees and installed it, then connected the new battery., All my issues disappeared, and have not returned. I may have been lucky in my ignorance, but that is all it took.

Good luck!

Old 05-07-2024, 05:48 PM

Thank you Ford Since 78! I just purchased the car used a couple of days ago from a dealership and I'm already having this issue. I'm going to have them run a diagnostic on it to see if they find any issues, but I think after reading about everyone's battery issue and how it's a common problem, I think I will most likely upgrade the battery for some piece of mind. It's good to hear that you didn't have to do anything special after changing the battery out. I've read so many mixed things about having to do special things after upgrading the battery, but none of those comments were from someone who actually did the upgrade themselves.
Originally Posted by Ford Since 78
I did nothing special. It is just a 12V battery with a larger capacity. I simply disconnected the old battery, removed the hold down clamp, removed the old battery, installed the new battery, rotated the hold-down clamp 180 degrees and installed it, then connected the new battery., All my issues disappeared, and have not returned. I may have been lucky in my ignorance, but that is all it took.

Good luck!