2003 Expeditiion Eddie Bauer Climate control question - Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners

Go Back  Ford Forum - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners > Ford Trucks, Ford Vans & Ford SUV's > Ford Expedition
Reload this Page >

2003 Expeditiion Eddie Bauer Climate control question

Ford Expedition The Expedition provides the feel of a full size truck with the seating of a large SUV.

2003 Expeditiion Eddie Bauer Climate control question

Old 09-13-2018, 03:36 PM
Default 2003 Expeditiion Eddie Bauer Climate control question

Hi, hope someone can help me. I have a 2003 Expedition Eddie Bauer, this week it started switching from AC cold air to Hot air back and forth through the front facing AC vents. I seem to remember that if I had the unit set to auto and I pressed the fan up or down button the auto light would go off as I have now taken manual control of the system. This is not not functioning, the light for auto stays on no matter what. I am wondering if you think this is the digitial climate control module that needs to be replaced. If so should I get a used one from ebay for 50-75$ or go new? What does new cost? Is it hard to swap out? Do I need to take the dash apart to do that?

Thanks

roger

Old 09-13-2018, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site..

Have you put it in self test mode?
  • The DATC/EATC module self-test will detect concerns in the system control functions and will display hard diagnostic trouble codes in addition to intermittent diagnostic trouble codes for concerns that occur during system operation.
  • The vehicle interior temperature should be between 4-32C (40-90F) when performing the self-test. If the temperatures are not within the specified ranges, false in-car temperature sensor DTCs will be displayed.
  • The self-test can be initiated after cycling the ignition switch from OFF to ON. (Normal operation of the climate control system stops when the self-test is activated.)
  • To enter the self-test, press the OFF and FLOOR buttons simultaneously and then press the AUTOMATIC button within two seconds. The display will show a pulse tracer going around the center of the display window. The test may run as long as 30 seconds. (Record all DTCs displayed.)
  • If any DTCs appear during the self-test, follow the diagnostics procedure given under ACTION for each DTC given.
  • To exit self-test and retain all intermittent DTCs, push the blue (cooler temperature) button. The control will exit self-test, retain all intermittent DTCs and then turn OFF (display blank).
  • To exit self-test and clear all DTCs, press the DEFROST button. The vacuum fluorescent display window will show 888 and all function symbols for one second. Then, the DATC/EATC control assembly will turn OFF (display blank) and all DTCs will be cleared.
  • Always exit the self-test before powering the system down (system turned OFF).
  • Intermittent DTCs will be deleted after 80 ignition switch ON cycles after the intermittent condition occurs.