Ford Expedition The Expedition provides the feel of a full size truck with the seating of a large SUV.

2007 Expedition EL Limited Keyless Entry Code

Old 02-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Post 2007 Expedition EL Limited Keyless Entry Code

Hello,
We just purchased a used 2007 Expedition EL Limited and I am trying to find the computer in order to get the factory keyless entry code. I've done a good amount of research on this site and the Internet in general. I've also done quite a bit of searching the vehicle with no success. I've drawn the conclusion that the code probably either is not displayed on the 2007 - 2009 Expeditions or it is not readily visible without unbolting something. Here's what I've tried and why I believe the above.
  • Advice - Look on rear liftgate when it is open
  • Result - Nothing found on rear liftgate or liftgate frame
  • Advice - Look for white/creme colored box under driver-side dash to the left of the brake pedal with 5-digit bold number
  • Result - Found black module box about 6" x 4" x 1" that has FoMoCo on it, but did not see 5-digit bold number on it. I believe it said RASM module on it.
  • Advice - Look under dash on passenger-side and/or remove glove box to check all area under dash. Operate door locks with remote and listing for audible clicking to help locate computer.
  • Result - Nothing found visually. Found what appears to be fuse/relay block that creates audible click. However, did not see any 5-digit bold number and clicking may simply be door lock relay.
Finally, I've noted that people that want to sell you the information usually do not include 2007 or newer Expeditions in their offerings. Additionally, the posts that say they found the code all seem to reference Expeditions older than 2007's.

Therefore, it is possible that one of the modules located has the number I need, but it has to be unbolted in order to see the number. However, I would rather not start removing modules only to find out that there is no sticker on 2007 and newer Expeditions.

Does anyone know for certain where the keyless entry code is located on a 2007 Expedition EL Limited and/or whether the paying the Ford dealership to retrieve it by computer is my only option?

Thanks,

Craig

Old 07-09-2021, 08:33 PM
Default Dealer charge

I only paid the dealership $25 for the code to my f350. It's worth at least that just to not try to look under the dash or some other bad place...