Ford Expedition The Expedition provides the feel of a full size truck with the seating of a large SUV.

2015 Expedition water inlet tube not powertrain warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 10:04 PM
Default 2015 Expedition water inlet tube not powertrain warranty?

Can someone knowledgable on Ford's powertrain warranty please help explain to me why this part is not warrantable? I am desperate here! The powertrain warranty specifically lists the water pump as part of the warranty. Wouldn't this tube be a part of the closed water pump system?

Warranty:
(1) Your vehicle’s Powertrain components are covered for five years or
60,000 miles, whichever occurs first. The extended coverage applies to
the Engine: all internal lubricated parts, cylinder block, cylinder heads,
electrical fuel pump, powertrain control module, engine mounts,
flywheel, injection pump, manifold (exhaust and intake), manifold bolts,
oil pan, oil pump, seals and gaskets, engine thermostat, engine
thermostat housing, timing chain cover, timing chain (gears or belt),
turbocharger/supercharger unit, valve covers, water pump;
source: Page 15

The service rep said a heater core was heating up the tube and caused a leak. I don't see how that is not a manufacture design oversight and how that could not be covered by Ford? I understand if it was beyond powertrain warranty they can't control for that kind of testing but I am at 46,858 miles and the vehicle is crippled due to a design flaw.

Repair estimate:
The part number is FL1Z-18663-B. The part is $258.22. We've estimated that the additional parts needed during this repair would run about $250, including coolant, hose clamps, various nuts, bolts, seals, that are one time use by design that would as the exhaust has to be removed, fuel tank, various suspension components, trim panels, among others. The labor allowance is roughly $1,800.00 including the extensive diagnosis. Obviously, the final price may come in well below this based on the final price of the extra components. needed but, it would not exceed that amount.
I don't have the available cash to cover these repairs and the vehicle is undriveable beyond several blocks. Can somebody please please please advise me here. Thanks for any leads or insight into this.